All things Sunsynk (Deye, Inge, etc...)

I have grid charge ticked from 15:00 - 18:00 and 18:00 - 21:30.

View attachment 1497457

So if the battery isn't properly charged by late afternoon, there's some time to charge it before evening. If there's load shedding in that slot, then the next slot will charge it.

I find this doesn't require any fiddling. The only time I'll change something is to untick those 2 slots when load shedding stops. Which hasn't happened since September...
I have the same, but till 9pm. We have loadshedding till 8pm, and the battery is currently at 50%.

Virtually no charge today as the sun just covered home use.

Mines is one slot, 1am to 3am to charge to 60%. From 3pm to 1am battery soc is supposed to be 90% so if we use grid so be it.

With this settings covers most load shedding slots including the 4 hour slots we used to have from 8 pm 12am

Sun usually does the rest during the day to get battery to 100% with other workloads

I haven't changed inverter settings in weeks so that is saying something to me. Nice not to worry about it too much.

Mines is one slot, 1am to 3am to charge to 60%. From 3pm to 1am battery soc is supposed to be 90% so if we use grid so be it.

With this settings covers most load shedding slots including the 4 hour slots we used to have from 8 pm 12am

Sun usually does the rest during the day to get battery to 100% with other workloads

I haven't changed inverter settings in weeks so that is saying something to me. Nice not to worry about it too much.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the Work Mode Grid

You can get them to activate remote control on the Solarman app.

Just register a business user on the Solarman Business app.
I get an error that it's been added to another plant - probably the installer - how do you remove it?

DC is battery temp...
There's a different DC temp sensor.

The sunsynk has an internal DC and AC temp sensor.

The battery temp is the internal battery temp as reported by the BMS of the battery.

This from the Solarman Business app. Screenshot_20230323_230023_SOLARMAN%20Business.jpg

Edit

I don't think you would want to see a battery at anything over 35° so that DC temp in the graph is definitely not the battery temp.

There's a different DC temp sensor.

The sunsynk has an internal DC and AC temp sensor.

The battery temp is the internal battery temp as reported by the BMS of the battery.

This from the Solarman Business app. View attachment 1497615

Edit

I don't think you would want to see a battery at anything over 35° so that DC temp in the graph is definitely not the battery temp.
Agree. I want to find the best place to put my fan controller sensor. Right now it matches AC temps and is keeping those down to the early 40s but DC temp is another 10 degrees higher and I'd love to know where it's being measured... Possibly somewhere inaccessible or difficult to get to.

All that said, the real goal is lowering temp so I guess as long as the fans are achieving that, I can just calibrate the temps at the sensor to match my goals... Still, I'm curious.

Last edited:
@AchmatK and any of the other SA users, have you connected your BMS up to SA directly or via CAN? Do you get any additional stats that way?

Last edited:
It it possible to add more rows? Or will this only ever work in 4hr intervals

Attachments

• Default Deye.jpg
    Default Deye.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 40
Can someone link me to a post that explains how Grid Charge works again in System Work Mode - I keep forgetting.

Using the above picture.

If I have the battery set to 40% (as per his second setting) - what happens if Grid Charge is not selected and it gets to 40%. I know if I have Grid Charge set - it keeps it at 40% - if Grid Charge is not set - and there's no sun - does it just keep dropping?

Can someone link me to a post that explains how Grid Charge works again in System Work Mode - I keep forgetting.

Using the above picture.

If I have the battery set to 40% (as per his second setting) - what happens if Grid Charge is not selected and it gets to 40%. I know if I have Grid Charge set - it keeps it at 40% - if Grid Charge is not set - and there's no sun - does it just keep dropping?
It will stop using the battery at 40%, grid charge will ensure it's topped up to 40% and then any load will be fed by grid power unless obviously the power goes out then it will draw from the battery regardless.

It will stop using the battery at 40%, grid charge will ensure it's topped up to 40% and then any load will be fed by grid power unless obviously the power goes out then it will draw from the battery regardless.

So basically, if it gets to 40% - the house load uses grid power until the battery moves above 40%.

What happens if grid is lost, battery drops to 20% - grid comes back up - and grid charge is not selected, does it stay at 20% and use grid power for the house - or does it charge back up to 40% even though grid charge is not selected?

Back