Alleged Eastern Cape Dagga Dealer Arrested

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
A suspected dagga dealer was arrested in Mkrwaqa location near Butterworth, Eastern Cape police said on Friday.

Captain Jackson Manatha said the man, 59, was arrested on Thursday.

"The suspect was found to have planted 10 dagga plants in his garden," said Manatha.

The dagga plants were valued at around R2000.

"He also had 12kg of loose dagga which has a street value of R12,000," said Manatha.

He was expected to appear in the Butterworth Magistrate's Court on Tuesday where he would be charged with dealing in dagga.

Source : Sapa /nsm/jje
Date : 29 Mar 2013 14:08

Greylor

Expert Member
In other news, a guy driving down the N2 got speed trapped doing 130 in a 120 zone.

More at 8!

P

Picard

Raise your hands ... who of you all have just lost a supplier?

Schavuit

DEATH PENTALTY FOR THIS DRUGS DEALER!!!

10 plants.... hope he dies a horrible death.

Guantanamo

Expert Member
R1/g? This guy wasn't selling pot, he was selling grass clippings. Anyway, this sort of thing shouldn't even be an issue in our country. They have taken a breadwinner and an entrepreneur and turned him into a criminal. Those 12kg of pot, that is more like at least R20/g that is R240 000. If that were legally earned money he would have to pay tax on that. He would be in the top 10% of the country.

Grant

Honorary Master
A study done many years back revealed at the time the weed crops in northern kzn / zululand were worth 7 times that of the sugar crops in the area.

intel8080

Banned
Rand 1 per gram is the normal price in the Transkei. At the supplier side things are much cheaper then at the consumer side. There is a huge risk involved in transporting and distributing the stuff. In Capetown the price is anything up to 10x that and if you manage to get it on a ship to Europe, the price will obviously increase even more. Anyway, WTF is this news? ? ?

Daruk

Honorary Master
Well personally, I reckon cops should arrest people for littering, so I don't have an issue with them nailing a small time dealer. Except they don't have the resources to do anything about petty crime mostly.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Really?

a WHOLE 12 plants and 12kg's of Dagga...

They've managed to break the back of the Dagga trade in this country with this arrest, I can guarantee you...

Daruk

Honorary Master
Really?

a WHOLE 12 plants and 12kg's of Dagga...

They've managed to break the back of the Dagga trade in this country with this arrest, I can guarantee you...
I think your beef should be with the poster, not the cops lol!