• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Almost time for the Bolt's first service - what is included in service plan?

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
With some cars - the Service History Booklet is reverse printed at the back of the Owner's Manual and is not provided as a separate booklet. Check to see if that's the case with your Tata Bolt.

:whistling:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
With some cars - the Service History Booklet is reverse printed at the back of the Owner's Manual and is not provided as a separate booklet. Check to see if that's the case with your Tata Bolt.

:whistling:
Nope. Quickly went and checked. Back of the booklet is jut a lot of technical specifications about the engine and then stuff like what oil to put in etc. No service booklet kind of stuff in there where it can be stamped or anything. :(

eg2505

Honorary Master
Nope. Quickly went and checked. Back of the booklet is jut a lot of technical specifications about the engine and then stuff like what oil to put in etc. No service booklet kind of stuff in there where it can be stamped or anything. :(
did see with the Brio that the service book isnt separate, its actually inside the owners manual,
(middle of the book)

maybe that is the case here,

you MUST have got or found one with your car, sounds quite dodgy you dont have one...

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
did see with the Brio that the service book isnt separate, its actually inside the owners manual,
(middle of the book)

maybe that is the case here,

you MUST have got or found one with your car, sounds quite dodgy you dont have one...
Flipped through all pages in the manual. Definately not in there.

Zuner

Expert Member
Be careful with dealers they like saying you need this and that to be done phrased In a way to scare the average consumer into replacing items not in need of replacement. One of the big lies is brake pads. With VERY aggressive driving I changed my Fiesta at 60k km.

If they mention extra stuff needs changing then it should be investigated as the car is still new and shouldn't need anything.

As for what's included, you get a service plan which covers normal service items ie oil, air oil and cabin filters spark plugs and labour.

Maintenance plan covers wear items such as brake pads and disks, wiper blades also lightbulbs.

As for it taking an hour, that's NOT dodge at all. It's a minor service. Alone at home I can do my own car in 30 Min easy.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Be careful with dealers they like saying you need this and that to be done phrased In a way to scare the average consumer into replacing items not in need of replacement. One of the big lies is brake pads. With VERY aggressive driving I changed my Fiesta at 60k km.

If they mention extra stuff needs changing then it should be investigated as the car is still new and shouldn't need anything.

As for what's included, you get a service plan which covers normal service items ie oil, air oil and cabin filters spark plugs and labour.

Maintenance plan covers wear items such as brake pads and disks, wiper blades also lightbulbs.

As for it taking an hour, that's NOT dodge at all. It's a minor service. Alone at home I can do my own car in 30 Min easy.
If it's not the wipers it will be light bulbs shocks leaking or something, I think dealers just hate doing the service as covered by the service plan, they still feel the customer should pay for something even though you already paid for the service plan.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Just booked it in. He said they will have car ready to go in a hour. Asked why so quick and he said it is just a oil service...so change the oil and the filter and doing a inspection of the whole car, brakes and underneath to make sure everything is ok. Just gonna wait here for it. :)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Oh...he said they actually have some Tata bolt service books on order already. Just waiting for it to arrive.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Oh...he said they actually have some Tata bolt service books on order already. Just waiting for it to arrive.
So is your missing one a mistake on their part or were they aware all along that they did not supply it?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
So is your missing one a mistake on their part or were they aware all along that they did not supply it?
This is another dealer...not the one I bought the car from. The one I bought from closed down 2 months ago. :(

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Wait closed down! Explain
It was a Renault/Tata multi franchise. Located on Louis Botha Ave so not a great location. Reason why I bought there is cause it was close to where I worked at that time. Drove past there a few months ago and saw their show room was empty. Messaged the guy that sold me the car to ask what is going on and he said ja...they closing the branch. Not enough business in that location.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Just peeked through the door. Can see the back of the car and bonnet open. I wish they allowed you to stand with the car and watch while they work. I would enjoy that.

EMAM

Executive Member
Just peeked through the door. Can see the back of the car and bonnet open. I wish they allowed you to stand with the car and watch while they work. I would enjoy that.
You sound like a new dad watching his baby through the glass window of the nursery

FiestaST

Honorary Master
It was a Renault/Tata multi franchise. Located on Louis Botha Ave so not a great location. Reason why I bought there is cause it was close to where I worked at that time. Drove past there a few months ago and saw their show room was empty. Messaged the guy that sold me the car to ask what is going on and he said ja...they closing the branch. Not enough business in that location.
Shame & the lovely Indian (?) Salesman. He moved over?

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
If you have an Android phone, you can go to the Google Play Store & download the 'Tata Motors Connect' app. It lets you pre-book services online & South Africa is included in the countries list.