Fredvl

I'm moving from Cape Town To JHB next month and did my line relocation with Telkom in the beginning of May.
Today I get a phone call that the address I provided (Estate in Northriding, next to Northumberland Ave) has no ADSL infrastructure. Seems a bit ridiculous. But we are talking about Telkom here. I guess anything goes.
As I work from home, and use the internet on a daily basis to upload and download client work via WeTransfer/Dropbox/Google Drive, I need some sort of connectivity (preferably uncapped and fast). And no, there's no Fibre available there either.
My only option, it seems, is to go for the ridiculously expensive LTE or LTE A. The cheapest (which pretty much breaks my budget) is a 20GB capped account for roughly R1000 through Telkom. Unfortunately this is not ideal, as I've mentioned before I have to upload and download client's work via online storage. I'm a videographer and video files I send and receive are generally huge.
Are there any alternatives to ADSL and Fibre (and LTE) that I can use? Is there some way to force Telkom to lay cables there (hah)? Does anybody have any inside info as to whether Fibre or ADSL will come around to that area soon?

The internetlessness is real. :(

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
See if you can find a microwave wireless Internet provider in your area.
It's not perfect but it's slightly cheaper than LTE and a suitable temporary measure until the fibre comes.

Fredvl

Thanks for the info, but that's way above my budget. If it was about 1000 less with the same size cap I'd consider it.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I live in this area. Whereabouts are you exactly?

I got an email from Vuma yesterday saying they're installing fibre.

ponder

Honorary Master
Today I get a phone call that the address I provided (Estate in Northriding, next to Northumberland Ave) has no ADSL infrastructure. Seems a bit ridiculous. But we are talking about Telkom here.

The estate probably has no copper infrastructure which is the responsibility of the developer/estate and not telkom.

Fredvl

See if you can find a microwave wireless Internet provider in your area.
It's not perfect but it's slightly cheaper than LTE and a suitable temporary measure until the fibre comes.

Thanks, I'll definitely have a look!

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Just around the corner from my old place.

You're just out of the coverage area for Vuma, currently. That sucks. Have you researched any of the WISPs?