Alternatives to WeBuyCars to sell a vehicle?

airborne

Honorary Master
What alternatives are there to WeBuyCars to sell a vehicle?
I've seen there are a few in the past and I may as well let my fingers do the walking and see what a few will offer.

I'm not planning on selling to WBC initially but if my old car doesn't sell privately in a week or 2 I may need to sell it to them or one of their competitors.

Last edited:

k@vi

I've seen there are a few in the past and I may as well let my fingers do the walking and see what a few will offer.

I'm not planning on selling to WBC initially but if my old car doesn't sell privately in a week or 2 I may need to take sell it to them or one of their competitors.
Try Best Price for my Car.

Tjoker

Expert Member

I'm not planning on selling to WBC initially but if my old car doesn't sell privately in a week or 2 I may need to take sell it to them or one of their competitors.
2 years ago, I used them, got a little less that what I wanted but excellent experience.

Just last week tried them again, their offer on my 1 year old car was WAY low. I suspect they are trying to take advantage of people who need the cash quick. Even had a guy phoning me up trying to convince their offer is "market value".

2019 Suzuki Ignis
Bought in Oct 2019 for R204500.
I reckon I can get R165 000-175 000. Only 8 000 km on the clock.
WBC offer R110 000.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
2 years ago, I used them, got a little less that what I wanted but excellent experience.

Just last week tried them again, their offer on my 1 year old car was WAY low. I suspect they are trying to take advantage of people who need the cash quick. Even had a guy phoning me up trying to convince their offer is "market value".

2019 Suzuki Ignis
WBC offer R110 000.

That car so ugly, you would have to pay me to take it :p

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Weelee and CarZar

Salmank

2019 Suzuki Ignis
WBC offer R110 000.
Will offer 110 100

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
What mileage?

2019 Suzuki Ignis
WBC offer R110 000.
Screenshot_20201219-080508.png

That's retail

Last edited:

JSparrow

It also depends on which Ignis. Auto or Manual? GL or GLX

I just checked now. The GL has a Trade price of R133 000 and Retail R148 200

Meads Data​

Year2019
MakeSUZUKI
ModelIGNIS 1.2 GL
Code59008200
New List Price180 400.00
Retail Price148 200.00
Trade Book Price133 000.00
Meads MonthDecember
Kilowatts61
# of doors5
Body TypeX/O

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
They don't buy cars do they?
Is it free to advertise as a private seller on either of those platforms?
Webuycars are like every other used car lot. Just find one near you and ask them what they'll offer. At least you'll get to negotiate and plead your case.
You're not getting retail from WBC.
I have no idea whether the others are free or not.

airborne

Honorary Master
Plus dealers have an added risk of warranty and all those overheads. If they plan to sell a car for 150k they probably need to buy it for around 110-120k. To leave a fair profit. Don’t think the price they offered isn’t that bad.
Yeah WBC got onto a clever scam by hatching their wholesale offering hence no warranty but still selling to the public at full price. They score massively with little to no risk.

From what I have worked out they use a 20% markup.

Many of their older vehicles are near right offs that people offload after letting the maintenance pile up. WBC is not where you pick up a bargain cheapie, worn out basket cases is the order of the day. Very high risk deals.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Yeah WBC got onto a clever scam by hatching their wholesale offering hence no warranty but still selling to the public at full price. They score massively with little to no risk.

From what I have worked out they use a 20% markup.

Many of their older vehicles are near right offs that people offload after letting the maintenance pile up. WBC is not where you pick up a bargain cheapie, worn out basket cases is the order of the day. Very high risk deals.

The vehicle an ex-colleague sold to them was in fine condition.

airborne

Honorary Master
The vehicle an ex-colleague sold to them was in fine condition.
You obviously do get a few clean vehicles, some people do use WBC purely for the convenience, not having to deal with the risk and pita of selling on the open market but those vehicles are few and far between and expensive.

There's no free lunch at WBC.

XPD

Also try “Youdrivewesell”. Similar to WBC but they offered more than wbc and had the same seamless experience plus these guys are willing to negotiate. They gave me a price, I said what my bottom price was and told them I wouldn’t budge, they said no thanks and left, 10 minutes later they called said they will give me my price, another 10 Minutes later money was in my account.