Amazon advertising 168 jobs in South Africa

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Amazon hiring spree in South Africa — work from home and technical jobs

Amazon is advertising 168 jobs in South Africa, including work-from-home positions that can be done anywhere in the country.

Initially founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994 as an online marketplace for books, Amazon has shown exceptional growth and is now the largest ecommerce player in the world.

It has also expanded into other areas, including cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.

This growth has seen the company increase its workforce by 500,000 employees around the world last year alone.

South Africa is one of the countries where Amazon is expanding its presence. Last year Amazon Web Services (AWS) went live with the Cape Town region, which opened many new positions.

schuits

Expert Member
First thing I heard from people who worked for Amazon is that it's not a nice place to work. Don't remember the details but something about them performing constant evaluations etc. Typical large company nonsense.

lambch0p

"Applicants must have a fibre broadband connection at home."

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Lol ... Job requirement #1: "Must be fluent in Malayalam and English (Speak, Read and Write)". That's one way to limit applications :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Eish...proof that Amazon is now finding it too expensive to hire Indians from India. But they are certain that South Africans would accept their offer.

The race to the bottom in Internationalising/off-shoring of positions is truly with us

genetic

Honorary Master
Eish...proof that Amazon is now finding it too expensive to hire Indians from India. But they are certain that South Africans would accept their offer.

The race to the bottom in Internationalising/off-shoring of positions is truly with us
And the rest of the jobs on offer? The are pretty normal.

Slegdehammer67

I cannot say that I'm a fan of Amazon...they want to rule the Internet world and check everything - who checks them btw?...just my opinion

yebocan

Honorary Master
Swiping right looking for a camping partner
thought camping was more of a solo thing .... but each to his own I always say