Amazon bans sale of pirate media boxes

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Erm so they gonna ban the sale of PC's now 2?

If its about Kodi that is pre installed all the vendors really have to do is shortcut to Kodi on the Android and Windows stores. Problem solved :D

I have Kodi sideloaded on my firetv box
Have Kodi on my Windows 10 PC Stick Installed from the Official Windows store. The cat is out the bag, no way you gonna push it back in :D

Last edited:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It applies to third-party sellers:

Streaming media players

Products offered for sale on Amazon should not promote, suggest the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorized access to digital media or other protected content. Any streaming media player or other device that violates this policy is prohibited from sale on Amazon.

It is your responsibility to source and sell products that do not promote, promise the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorized access to digital media or other protected content. If you sell these products, we may immediately suspend or terminate your selling privileges and destroy inventory in our fulfillment centers without reimbursement. In addition, if we determine that your account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited.
That which I have put in bold is what is important when advertising on Amazon as a third-party. The question, what is a 'pirate' box? Easy answer to be honest. That which I have put in bold, underlining the crucial aspect, is what is important when advertising on Amazon as a third-party seller.

MickZA

Executive Member
According to a report by TorrentFreak, the move will target vendors which sell loaded “Kodi boxes” and media players which are geared towards illegal streaming.
I suspect the real "pirates" flogging the £1,000 boxes to pubs in the UK approach their clientèle directly or are referred by word of mouth, can't see them using amazon or selling to the general public.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Yep. For that same reason they have never allowed the sale of Chromecasts.
No, not the same. Amazon is not putting a ban on Kodi-loaded appliances. They blocked Apple and Google video-streaming devices to establish a single selling point to Amazon’s Prime Video service. It may be an ugly anti-competitive move, under e-comm, but is a strategic move as Amazon is larger than a marketplace, it is an on-demand services provider. It not like Apple is selling Amazon and Google products or Google selling Amazon and Apple products.

Petec

Expert Member
Well then, they had better stop selling routers as well...

Theirs is a straw man argument.

Amazon Prime et al, just hate competition is all.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Facilitate Piracy...

Well then, PC's, routers, cellphones, etc are all able to be used to download pirated content. This really is a very Contentious issue Imo

zeroimpact

stupid amazon

Well that is all fine if they want to do this .... but then they must up their game.... i bough a fire tv recently with the
idea to stream their prime service joke is you cant do it from their device as per their customer help they told me that
the fire tv can only stream prime video if you are in the us... even though they launched in SA...
so sorry Amazon you messed up so now i will side load kodi and use exodus to watch your shows
and yes i will not be a paying customer

Had the exact same situation. Mine worked the day I installed got Amazon Prime perfectly. Two days later nada. Then the fun started eventually got the call center (based here in Cape Town) to tell me sorry due to Geo-blocking you cant have prime.
It is beyond understanding how they can advertise available in SA, then back pedal. And they whinge about pirating, if they gave the people what they want at a reasonable price, it would be "aaaargh me hearties we be going down".........