Amazon wants to put its Echo voice assistant in cars

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Amazon wants to put its Echo voice assistant in cars

Somewhere between Spotify crashing and Alexa failing to locate his favorite sushi place, Rafael Rivera decided he was dealing with an unfinished product.

The software developer’s rectangular Echo Auto, perched on the dashboard of his 2005 Mini Cooper, picked up his voice seamlessly over blaring music or air conditioning. But repeated restarts and clunky mapping made the on-the-go hub for Amazon.com Inc.’s Alexa less useful. [Bloomberg]

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Considered putting a dot in my car, might get around to doing it when they let us connect SA iTunes accounts.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Considered putting a dot in my car, might get around to doing it when they let us connect SA iTunes accounts.
Don't think you can connect a USA account even? Apple would want to use there home pod solution.

I switched to spotify as it does link up to amazon.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Don't think you can connect a USA account even? Apple would want to use there home pod solution.

I switched to spotify as it does link up to amazon.
It's available in the US and, afaik, the UK. Has been for a while now. I know I can change my iTunes account to a US/UK one but the SA family account is cheaper. :eek:Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 14.04.41.png

eehellfire

Executive Member
I got an Echo Auto last week. So far pretty good.
The big issue I have is one I have on my phone also (hence why it's an EA problem) - I can't get the Alexa app to open Spotify on my phone. It's driving me batty.
Alexa says "Here is Spotify" and then nothing happens.

eehellfire

Executive Member
It's available in the US and, afaik, the UK. Has been for a while now. I know I can change my iTunes account to a US/UK one but the SA family account is cheaper. :eek:
Do you mean Apple Music?

piranha786

Expert Member
did this, also put a Car 3G router in the car. Problem is, I want it to shut down, when the car go off, but my current 12v plug stays on.

Nithan15

Expert Member
Do you really wan to subject Alexa to all the swearing you do in traffic?