Amazon working on free music streaming service - Report

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
They did it with movies/series so why not music.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Great, I'd use it. Don't mind the ads. Use Spotify now with ads and its not too bad but will be nice with Alexa integration.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I wish music streaming services would do away with ad-supported options. It devalues the entire industry and runs at a loss according to Spotify. If someone doesn't value all the music on Earth at $10pm or R60pm (or thrown in with an Amazon Prime membership), then they're better off watching the occasional ad-supported music video on YouTube. At least the publisher's revenue is slightly higher when video is involved.

sajunky

Honorary Master
If someone doesn't value all the music on Earth at $10pm or R60pm (or thrown in with an Amazon Prime membership), then they're better off watching the occasional ad-supported music video on YouTube. At least the publisher's revenue is slightly higher when video is involved.
Video ads are not kosher on the limited data bundle.

Video ads on AquaMail is a reason I give up on this otherwise good Email app.

HOLY MAnIAC

I'll keep my Spotify subscription, don't see myself ever changing.

Though more competition is always a good thing.

sajunky

Honorary Master
So support the developer and buy a pro license? They're currently discounted.
Why? We are talking about free stuff. :)

I don't mind ads as long they are not abusive. Let them get paid that way. But Spotify full volume ads or video full screen ads in Email program are not kosher.
The new best email app is Email by Edison anyway imo:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easilydo.mail

You'll be delighted to know that it's totally free.
I saw your recomendation already thanks, evaluating. Also there is an ad driven app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.mail.mailapp&hl=en
Help is still in Russian, but if you don't need help it may suit you better. Nearly one million downloads, probably most are from Russia, so impressive.

kianm

Honorary Master
A paid Deezer sub says no here, it's not so expensive to pay for streaming music

But good alternative though