AMD EPYC VPS Beta Testers Required - Round 2 - More awesomeness

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
Howdy MYBB Hosting fanatics

Edit : The beta testing phase is currently active and we are wanting testers. Come and push our latest AMD EPYC Milan based VPS servers to their limits.
Simply put your name down for a two month free test / stress test

The last AMD EPYC VPS Beta test ran exceptionally well and thanks to all that participated.

The beta program allowed us to iron out any kinks that we may have not been able to initially identify and it put our EPYC Rome System through its paces.

The info obtained from that beta was exceptional and we thoroughly enjoyed working with all of you.

We are looking for Beta testers to assist us in a similar manner with our latest EPYC Server, we're ideally looking for beta testers that want to put the server through its paces and give it a thorough stress test :cool: :whistling:;)

Please add your name to the list and I'll be in contact with you as soon as we are ready to start handing out free VPS servers.

As always, thanks to the MYBB community for their willingness to assist.

I need to send a massive shout out to the SuperMicro team at First Distribution, SuperMicro NL and AMD for assisting with this server build. Getting hardware into the country during the pandemic has not been easy, with many many delays due to shipping and customs, and they worked tirelessly with my ridiculous demands.

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Yes please - I'd appreciate a beta spot!

What are the specs of that thing?

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Yes please - I'd appreciate a beta spot!

What are the specs of that thing?
Hey Bryn

Thank you for your interest, and I'll update this thread as soon as we are ready to get this solution up and running.

Been hit with Covid so taking things slow at the moment and as a result this has taken a back seat for now, how ever we plan on resuming tomorrow.

Specs are as follows
2 x AMD EPYC 32C / 64T CPU's
2TB DDR4-3200 RAM
6 x Kioxia CD6 3.84TB - to be used for KVM storage
2 x Samsung PM983 960GB - to be used for host os

Last edited:

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Hey Bryn

Thanks you for your interest, and I'll update this thread as soon as we are ready to get this solution up and running.

Been hit with Covid so taking things slow at the moment and as a result this has taken a back seat for now, how ever we plan on resuming tomorrow.

Specs are as follows
2 x AMD EPYC 32C / 64T CPU's
2TB DDR4-3200 RAM
6 x Kioxia CD6 3.84TB - to be used for KVM storage
2 x Samsung PM983 960GB - to be used for host os
Damn, sorry to hear you've got the Rona. :crying: Get well soon Jade!

Awesome specs at least!

|tera|

Master of Messengers
@Jade.

The previous test was very 'short' IIRC.
I was one of the testers. It messed a bit with what I tried to achieve.

I suggest making it a fixed period. However long you prefer. Knowing when the test should be done gives a bit more urgency to a tester. Might help with migration/conversion of testers to Clients too.

Juat a friendly suggestion.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
@Jade.

The previous test was very 'short' IIRC.
I was one of the testers. It messed a bit with what I tried to achieve.

I suggest making it a fixed period. However long you prefer. Knowing when the test should be done gives a bit more urgency to a tester. Might help with migration of testers to Clients too.

Juat a friendly suggestion.
Thanks for the feedback and I have no issues making this beta tester run for a longer period of time as well as specifying the start and cut off dates :)

Kilerhotdog

I also wouldn't mind beta testing. Is there somewhere we can find more details about this?

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
I also wouldn't mind beta testing. Is there somewhere we can find more details about this?
Morning, details will be posted in this thread as soon as we are ready.

We are currently benchmarking the system against other competing servers :cool:

I'll provide an update for everyone as soon as possible.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I see you are well stocked on the wines there just before the 4th booze ban came into effect. Well Done :thumbsup: