An argument in favour of stricter gun control laws in SA

Bobbin

Executive Member
Oh? Really?

The context is about how removing legal firearms will not produce the desired outcomes. The UK knife post you were responding to looked to be an attempt to echo that sentiment only. AlanB's post thereafter to you was also to highlight the same sentiment.

You chose to ignore the leading train of concern of the thread, legal firearms in SA, and then resorted to calling everyone stupid?

Not only is your fun fact a strawman, your conclusion in post #39 completely misses answering the concern people seem to have.

The Voice

Honorary Master
I think the only deaths that will be reduced with stricter gun control for legal firearms in SA will be suicides. The vast majority of gun-related deaths are carried out by criminals using illegal firearms anyway.

Dave

Honorary Master
You chose to ignore the leading train of concern of the thread, legal firearms in SA, and then resorted to calling everyone stupid?

Yes, I did choose to ignore it, those that tried to make my post say something that it didn’t were indeed stupid. One of the posters even decided I was against private gun ownership in SA even though I gave no opinion about the topic. You‘ve got to admit that wasn’t clever of him, was it?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Toasters don't toast toast, I toast toast with my toaster.

Correct. Unless you put the bread in the toaster, plug it in and switch it on, you don't have toast.

Same with a firearm, unless you load it, make it ready, take the safety catch off, aim it at someone and then pull the trigger, the gun can't hurt anyone.

Swa

Honorary Master
The context is about how removing legal firearms will not produce the desired outcomes. The UK knife post you were responding to looked to be an attempt to echo that sentiment only. AlanB's post thereafter to you was also to highlight the same sentiment.

Not only is your fun fact a strawman, your conclusion in post #39 completely misses answering the concern people seem to have.
This is standard Dave.