'An indictment of South Africa': whites-only town Orania is booming

Status
Not open for further replies.

losta

Incredibly, 25 years after the fall of apartheid, Orania is a place for white people only.
The reality, however, is a disquieting and entirely white town, littered with old apartheid flags and monuments to the architects of segregation. While there are no rules preventing black people from visiting, those who live nearby fear they would be met with violence.

Last edited by a moderator:

surface

Honorary Master
I have heard orania GDP is more than spain. Does it not count?

:popcorn:

John_Phoenix

Says the buggers that invented the scorched earth policy, colonised large parts of the world, literally enslaved indians and africans, and had the gall to ship their convicts to a different continent. The Dutch, Germans and French don't hold a candle to British Savagery.

But hey, history is written by the winners (that had to call in the US, when they got their asses stomped by ze Krauts)

Orania racist? Maybe, but the Brits should be very careful throwing that word around...

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Says the buggers that invented the scorched earth policy, colonised large parts of the world, literally enslaved indians and africans, and had the gall to ship their convicts to a different continent. The Dutch, Germans and French don't hold a candle to British Savagery.

But hey, history is written by the winners (that had to call in the US, when they got their asses stomped by ze Krauts)

Orania racist? Maybe, but the Brits should be very careful throwing that word around...
Dont forget who taught them slavery and did it way more , the barbary slave trade/ME slave trade , also dont forget who outlawed it in the end and who does it today.

Reactions: ES1

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Muslim only areas in England? Really? Where. Give me the exact location.

I can't give you that. Just that in some areas Muslims congregate and things get bigger and tend to be Muslim-only. Same with other races/religions in many countries.

Reactions: ES1

saor

Honorary Master
Much like the Muslim-only, etc. areas in England I guess.
It's nothing like that.

Orania is a town that strictly controls access and who may live there etc. That's nothing like a natural congregation of people withing a larger city (like London).
Prospective residents are required to go through an interview process with a committee, which may deny access to people based on criteria such as criminal records.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orania,_Northern_Cape#Territorial_extension

Suspect99

Executive Member

Great whataboutism

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I'll give you a hint , there was a clue in my post , or you can just google who has traded the most slaves and continues to do so .
I saw that. No indication they learned from them. Slavery has existed in many forms over many millennia.

Jabulani22

Executive Member
Also Orania is not only for whites , some whites are excluded , its for a certain niche market.
Alarmist headlines chomping at the bit for clicks vs the same old same old xenophobic attacks daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.