Allin

Expert Member
The ANC is big on promises, but actual "delivery" is limited to:
  1. T-shirts;
  2. Caps
  3. Free meals at gatherings;
  4. Flags; and
  5. Posters and banners.

That being said, the ANC has raised the levels of corruption and nepotism to levels no-one conceivably could have expected.

Stalker

1. T-shirts;
  2. Caps
  4. Flags; and
  5. Posters and banners.

That being said, the ANC has raised the levels of corruption and nepotism to levels no-one conceivably could have expected.

Don't forget they also good at renting crowds and bussing them in for protests.

MKFrost

Expert Member
As with anything in which the ANC has a hand..... I'll believe it when I see it...

system32

Expert Member
The ANC promised better broadband, free Wi-Fi and cheaper communications in its 2014 election manifesto
Is this a case of "A Promise is a Promise" or
"Liar, Liar, Pants on fire"?

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
  1. T-shirts;
  2. Caps
  4. Flags; and
  5. Posters and banners.

+100

CeeBee

Expert Member
its joker week for gov?
ANC sponsored better & free internet, raaait....
if they could rather improve the education system and all the other lacking basic systems, we'd have a better chance at an improved broadband situation, and sommer result in upped IQ too

abandonallhope

Expert Member
Hahahahahahaaaaaahehehahaehhahahah

oooh woow !

Just look at the magnificent internets the ANC has delivered up until now.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
  1. T-shirts;
  2. Caps
  4. Flags; and
  5. Posters and banners.

The T-shirts, Caps and Free meals are conditional as well....

kolakidd

Awesome article! Well written and researched, thank you.

1. T-shirts;
  2. Caps
  4. Flags; and
  5. Posters and banners.

And sometimes delivery of these isn't even guaranteed:
One "ordinary" person, Thulani Mkhonto, 37, from Kabokweni township, said he had hoped to get a free ANC T-shirt, but did not.

"I waited there to get a free ANC T-shirt, but I could not get one because they were choosy about who got them... we were burnt by the sun, waiting for nothing. It's okay, I will wait for an EFF T-shirt," he said.
article

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
if the anc openly declare their campaign focus to be:

- bigger house for zuma
- no improvement in public services
- better cars for parliamentary members
- no focus on job creation

they would still win the elections.

SlyFly

Expert Member
  1. T-shirts;
  2. Caps
  4. Flags; and
  5. Posters and banners.

Forgot the music and free shows (Acted/Danced by ANC members)

Bern

Expert Member
I think the judgement in Carrim is a little harsh, he seems to be getting a hell of a lot more done than his predecessors. Sure, it should be more, but to be fair he has to deal with all the mess that was left behind. The next six months will be very interesting as this is when we will see if things start getting implemented or if he pulls them back to talk shops again.

wombling

I think the judgement in Carrim is a little harsh, he seems to be getting a hell of a lot more done than his predecessors. Sure, it should be more, but to be fair he has to deal with all the mess that was left behind. The next six months will be very interesting as this is when we will see if things start getting implemented or if he pulls them back to talk shops again.

Agreed, Not really fair to group him with the others that have proven themselves to never deliver. So far Carrim has been a fantastic surprise by comparison however that alone doesn't say much. I think he should be given his rope like the others and lets see if he hangs himself. As for the ANC promising anything.... well lets just say they put the Puh! in pathetic.

Bern

Expert Member
I think the current danger is the election and another cabinet reshuffle... At this point Carrim seems to be at least useful, replacing him would mean another six month setback at least while the next person gets to grips with the portfolio as a best case. Worst case they find someone to outdo the last string (with the exception of Roy of course).

Ryansr

Expert Member
I can't wait for the ANC to start delivering on some of these promises now that they have won the 2014 National elections. :D

atomcrusher

Expert Member
I can't wait for the ANC to start delivering on some of these promises now that they have won the 2014 National elections. :D
Don't hold your breath .. unless of course you are an ANC member, which will open up all sorts of opportunities to you. :D

bekdik

Honorary Master
You people don't understand.

The anc promised to make a promise and that is the promise. They never promise to keep a promise. And that's a promise.