Anc condemns MP Boy Mamabolo's threat to shoot journalist

What will happen to the ANC MP?

• Nothing.

Votes: 76 71.0%
  • Condemed and told to apologise.

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Refered to the ANC's integrity commission.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Kicked out of party and removed from Pariliament.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prosecuted for hate speech and kicked out of party.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assigned a diplomatic position.

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voicy

Honorary Master
I hear the ambassador to Denmark spot just became vacant...

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Inconsistent with party values eh ? Not buying it.
I seem to recall a large headed guy singing about machine guns and boers while being in charge .......

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Trump hasn't condoned violence against journos.
In May, 2017, Montana held a special election to fill its lone seat in the House of Representatives. The race, between Rob Quist, a Democrat, and Greg Gianforte, a Republican, was the first competitive congressional election after Donald Trump’s Inauguration as President, and it attracted national attention and pressure. On the eve of the vote, a reporter for the Guardian, Ben Jacobs, was at Gianforte’s campaign headquarters when he encountered the candidate and asked him about his party’s plans for health care. Gianforte responded by grabbing Jacobs by the neck and slamming him to the ground. “I’m sick and tired of you guys,” Gianforte told Jacobs. “You just body-slammed me and broke my glasses,” Jacobs responded. Gianforte’s campaign initially tried to blame Jacobs for the incident, but the local sheriff’s office quickly charged the candidate with misdemeanor assault. He won the election anyway, and later pleaded guilty—receiving a sentence of forty hours of community service and twenty hours of anger management—a few days before being sworn in to his new job as a member of the United States Congress.

On Thursday night, at a campaign rally in Missoula, Montana, the President repurposed this ugly incident, offering it up to his fans as a thing to delight and feel pride in. They accepted. “Any guy that can do a body slam, he’s my kind of guy,” Trump said, referring to Gianforte from the stage. Hearing a good reaction to this, Trump then told the story of how he heard about Gianforte’s assault on Jacobs. “So, I was in Rome, with a lot of the leaders from other countries, talking about all sorts of things,” he said. “And I heard about it. And we endorsed Greg very early, but I had heard that he body-slammed a reporter”—here, the President pointed at the television cameras, noting the other reporters present at the rally, making the whole profession the target—“and he was way up, and I said—this was like the day of the election or just before—and I said, ‘Oh, this is terrible, he’s going to lose the election.’ Then I said, ‘Well, wait a minute. I know Montana pretty well. I think it might help him.’ And it did.” The crowd reacted with grins, nods, and applause.

Vorastra

Expert Member
Did you read the article?

This is the "celebration".
“Any guy that can do a body slam, he’s my kind of guy,”
AKA, talking about this Gianforte's ability to bodyslam. He doesn't say he's specifically happy because that it was a reporter that was the recipient of said body-slam.

Then he says:
‘Oh, this is terrible, he’s going to lose the election.’ Then I said, ‘Well, wait a minute. I know Montana pretty well. I think it might help him.’ And it did.” The crowd reacted with grins, nods, and applause.
Again, where's the condoning of violence towards reporters specifically? He talks about Gianforte possibly not winning due to the incident, then said that people in that area wouldn't actually have an issue with it.

This is the issue. People seem to think that the absence of specific condemnation must mean endorsement.
I think it's funny that he body-slammed a reporter. I'd never say that people should go and body-slam reporters though...

You can literally watch the video of the speech.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Did you read the article?

This is the "celebration".

AKA, talking about this Gianforte's ability to bodyslam. He doesn't say he's specifically happy because that it was a reporter that was the recipient of said body-slam.

Then he says:

Again, where's the condoning of violence towards reporters specifically? He talks about Gianforte possibly not winning due to the incident, then said that people in that area wouldn't actually have an issue with it.

This is the issue. People seem to think that the absence of specific condemnation must mean endorsement.
I think it's funny that he body-slammed a reporter. I'd never say that people should go and body-slam reporters though...

You can literally watch the video of the speech.
:oops::D
I watched the video. He literally endorses it. It's in the video. But I know how people here feel about Trump (no different from JZ fans).

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Headline should read "Insincere Politician Gets Slap On The Wrist"

BOY MAMABOLO APOLOGISES FOR THREATS AGAINST JOURNALIST

This is the second time Mamabolo has had to issue a public apology in as many months.

Earlier this year, he apologised to EFF leader Julius Malema after accusing him of abusing his wife, Mantoa Malema-Matlala.

Mekon

But this is the ANC and their ilk in a nutshell. Most of them are dubious and can't string a coherent sentence together if their sad lives depended on it. Yet these jokes run this country. I sometimes watch these cretins on TV, full of gleaming African pride, dismal failures at everything they do.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
But this is the ANC and their ilk in a nutshell. Most of them are dubious and can't string a coherent sentence together if their sad lives depended on it. Yet these jokes run this country. I sometimes watch these cretins on TV, full of gleaming African pride, dismal failures at everything they do.
How does it look like? How is it different from normal pride? Asking for a friend.

Mekon

How does it look like? How is it different from normal pride? Asking for a friend.
Yes because no matter how this government screws up and wastes money on bullschit and line their back pockets they are proud of themselves and just keep rewarding themselves. Because failure and ineptnes needs to be rewarded.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Yes because no matter how this government screws up and wastes money on bullschit and line their back pockets they are proud of themselves and just keep rewarding themselves. Because failure and ineptnes needs to be rewarded.
I don't know if this answers my question.