ANC: "Mind your own business, Zille"

xtermin8or

Expert Member
MAybe it is difficult for you to understand teh workings of a democracy, the decisions taken at the ANC congress will be taken by branches - therefore the ordinary people will be making the decisions

NoADSLyet

Expert Member
MAybe it is difficult for you to understand teh workings of a democracy, the decisions taken at the ANC congress will be taken by branches - therefore the ordinary people will be making the decisions
Democracy???????????? OMG! you must mean DEMONCRAZY

xtermin8or

Expert Member
Direct democracy is a political system where the citizens participate in the decision making personally, contrary to relying on intermediaries or representatives.

This is how the ANC is run, but as I said before, it may be difficult for you to grasp the notion of democracy, nevermind embrace it

NoADSLyet

Expert Member
Direct democracy is a political system where the citizens participate in the decision making personally, contrary to relying on intermediaries or representatives.

This is how the ANC is run, but as I said before, it may be difficult for you to grasp the notion of democracy, nevermind embrace it
Yeah sure! Only for the short period before voting. Our Demoncrazy allows the constitution be changed at will to suit the ANC without the participating of citizens or opposition input, floor crossings, th public money and taxes wasted without their input and the public money defrauded without input and allowing the country to become a pitmire of crime and poverty! That is your Demoncrazy. But sure I would not expect you to see the difference as you are part and parcel of the gravy train and you are in Africa where they really have a skewed perception of democracy!

xtermin8or

Expert Member
Yeah sure! Our Demoncrazy allows the constitution be changed at will to suit the ANC without the participating of citizens or opposition input, their money and taxes wasted without their input and the public money defrauded without input and allowing the country to become a pitmire of crime and poverty! That is your Demoncrazy. But sure I would not expect you to see the difference as you are part and parcel of the gravy train and you are in Africa where they really have a skewed perception of democracy!
I wish

tibby.dude

Executive Member
If you are not an ANC member, then you have nothing to do with the election of its president. If you are so concerened about who the next president will be, join the party and actually participate in the decision making process.
Well said ... some people seem to confused about the govt and the political party.

BTTB

cellerrima via ad tyrannidem reipublicae forma popularis est

Time will tell.
Sorry xtermin8or, but I don't trust any Politician and neither should anyone for that matter. The checks and balances in this country are lacking in order to keep that Democratic Ideal alive.
The Constitution of South Africa is merely a piece of paper with words. It takes people to make it work and are the people wise to it and what it means or even know how to implement it.

I am sure there are some good people within The ANC, but there are a few rotten apples that are going to spoil it for the rest of us.

GTG
Later

Last edited:

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Our Demoncrazy allows the constitution be changed at will to suit the ANC without the participating of citizens or opposition input, floor crossings, th public money and taxes wasted without their input and the public money defrauded without input and allowing the country to become a pitmire of crime and poverty!
I was thinking about this last night:
- elections
- the DA controls Cape Town and appoints Mayor
- floor crossing
- the ANC controls Cape Town and appoints Mayor
- elections
- floor crossing
- the ANC controls Cape Town and appoints Mayor
- elections

Is it that difficult to see the will of the people? Just because a few callous and corruptible individuals feel they should defy the will of the people that elected them to power, doesn't mean it is right. The people have chosen and the ANC will never permanently hold Cape Town as long as there exist free and fair elections.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Well said ... some people seem to confused about the govt and the political party.
Yes, goverment is for all purposed elected by parliament (in that they appoint a president). However, parliament (i.e. the legislative NOT the executive) is controlled by parties accountable to the people.

That being said; your statement is incorrect, I'm pretty sure it should read: some political parties (no, you are not longer a congress) seem to be confused about the govt and the political party. Democracy is too young in this country and unless the ANC is able to seperated the two, then the DA should be viewing them as one and the same.