ANC NEC resolves to recall Zuma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Much like a recall is not constitutional. It's the ANC rules.

It's all about embarrassment for the ANC.
Sure, but the point being they can afford for the SONA to be postponed if the president is removed through a vote of no confidence.

They cannot afford for the budget to be postponed if his cabinet has to go with him...

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Better hope Cyril already has the next finance minister all prepped and working hard on delivering the budget, nobody wants to see Gigupta talking about a damn thing, least of all the budget.
I don't think they'd change finance ministers a week before the budget. The markets don't react well to sudden changes, especially at the last minute before a big milestone. But he's probably toast after the budget...

roadcat

Expert Member
My bet is that he steps down.
I would say he is going to give a whole stack of reasons why he is not stepping down.. He did say he would respond publicly to a recall letter, round about the same time he said he wasn't resigning.

EDIT: Or not, if it's fake :( Still leading headline on News24...

Last edited:

kab123

Lots of commentary all over the internet on how CR is weak and people demanding that CR fire Zuma in the next 250 milliseconds.

Zuma will go eventually even though he might try to dig in his heals.

People tend to forget that CR literary won the ANC presidentship by 50+0.00001%. He ended up with Ace and 2 other dodgy characters in his top 6. Did people forget this?? He only needs to P-off one or two NEC members and then HE would be on his way out....It's a very delicate game he is playing

Zuma won it by comfortably buy 60%+ and he still took months to get rid off Mbeki.

Maybe I'm wrong but the fact that things are moving so fast is quite impressive, even though there are lots of unanswered questions.

IMO This will all be over in a few weeks time and everyone will have forgotten about it...

I don't think they'd change finance ministers a week before the budget. The markets don't react well to sudden changes, especially at the last minute before a big milestone. But he's probably toast after the budget...
The markets should be used to it by now, the last 3 times our finance minister changed were sudden changes. A 4th is no big deal, especially if it is the first out of the last 4 to have a plausible rationale behind it.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Lots of commentary all over the internet on how CR is weak and people demanding that CR fire Zuma in the next 250 milliseconds.

Zuma will go eventually even though he might try to dig in his heals.

People tend to forget that CR literary won the ANC presidentship by 50+0.00001%. He ended up with Ace and 2 other dodgy characters in his top 6. Did people forget this?? He only needs to P-off one or two NEC members and then HE would be on his way out....It's a very delicate game he is playing

Zuma won it by comfortably buy 60%+ and he still took months to get rid off Mbeki.

Maybe I'm wrong but the fact that things are moving so fast is quite impressive, even though there are lots of unanswered questions.

IMO This will all be over in a few weeks time and everyone will have forgotten about it...
I have no issues with Cyril and i think he tried his best to manage the situation. However here is my problem with Cyril and the ANC leadership, Malema has apologised for his support for Zuma, so has Vavi, the SACP as well as Cosatu. When is Ramaphosa and the ANC going to do the same, do they even feel that they owe us an apology for protecting Zuma all these years? How do they move forward from here if they cannot admit that Zuma was a disaster and accept responsibility?

biometrics

Freelance App Developer
I have no issues with Cyril andbu think he tried his best to mange the situation. However here is my problem with Cyril and the ANC leadership, Malema has apologised for his support for Zuma, so has Vavi, the SACP as well as Cosatu. When is Ramaphosa and the ANC going to do the same, do they even feel that they owe us an apology for protecting Zuma all these years? How do they move forward from here if they cannot admit that Zuma was a disaster and accept responsibility?
Seems the plain is to ignore the Zuma era as if it never happened.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Seems the plain is to ignore the Zuma era as if it never happened.
That is what it looks like, and it going to be a problem for Cyril, seems like his tenure is going to be hard, for a start Ace is a disaster at public relations, if Cyril is going to trust him to communicate whatever they are doing he us not going to come out of this looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.