ANC pledges support to Mugabe & Zanu-PF .........WT$!!! Concerned?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
This is going to be fun to watch - they probably just want some Nando's.

Soort soek soort.

JStrike

Honorary Master
ag, in what world are you living here. This is SA, the ruling party makes no distinction whatsoever between party and state.

That is a wild, unsubstantiated allegation. Even I, as a member of the DA, can tell you that the ANC does in almost all situations toe the line between party and state

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
That is a wild, unsubstantiated allegation. Even I, as a member of the DA, can tell you that the ANC does in almost all situations toe the line between party and state

That doesn't say much for the credibility of the DA then. The ANC only makes the distinction when it is within their favour to do so, however policy wise it that make no distinction whatsoever.

JStrike

Honorary Master
That doesn't say much for the credibility of the DA then. The ANC only makes the distinction when it is within their favour to do so, however policy wise it that make no distinction whatsoever.

Are you going to back that up with thousands of sources to show that the ANC separating party and state is the exception to the rule? Or you going to keep making unsubstantiated allegations and try pass them off as fact

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
Are you going to back that up with thousands of sources to show that the ANC separating party and state is the exception to the rule? Or you going to keep making unsubstantiated allegations and try pass them off as fact

maybe as a 'member of the da' you should probably keep up with the view of the party!

Business Day (Johannesburg)
South Africa: ANC Sees No Difference Between Party, State - Zille

Wyndham Hartley

8 May 2009

Cape Town — In her first official public appearance after being elected Western Cape premier, Democratic Alliance (DA) leader Helen Zille earned the ire of the African National Congress (ANC) in the National Council of Provinces when she accused them of not knowing the difference between party and state.

As the premier, Zille leads the Western Cape delegation to the national council. After the permanent members were sworn in yesterday members were given an opportunity to address the council. Zille took the opportunity to criticise the ANC for chanting party slogans in the House.

Lets also not forget that South Africa got a bad state party rating

State-party separation gets bad rating

An independent peer review report released on Tuesday gives South Africa's party-state relationship the worst possible rating.

28 June 2011 | Sapa

JOHANNESBURG - An independent peer review report released on Tuesday gives South Africa's party-state relationship the worst possible rating.

"The president should provide particular leadership in making party–state distinctions. Holding office for the entire country, the president needs to guard against the commandeering of state resources for party ends," says the report.

"The distinction between the state and the political party has become blurred," adds the document, titled, "Implementing the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) Views from Civil Society".

It was released by the APRM Monitoring Project (AMP) to the Pan African Parliament on Tuesday.

The AMP is run jointly by the SA Institute of International Affairs, the Centre for Policy Studies and the Africa Governance, Monitoring and Advocacy Project.

The report gives red ratings to three categories: party–state separation and relationships, cadre deployment and politicisation of institutions and regulating private funding to political parties.

A red rating is the worst rating and means "no progress has been achieved on addressing the issue; or very little progress has been achieved and the government does not seem to be on track to complete it in the near future".
« Back
and anyone with a bit of common sense can see that policies are made within the ANC and not really the parliament.

Last edited:

JStrike

Honorary Master
maybe as a 'member of the da' you should probably keep up with the view of the party!

Lets also not forget that South Africa got a bad state party rating

and anyone with a bit of common sense can see that policies are made within the ANC and not really the parliament.

Policy direction being decided by the party is fine. The party directs the state. That is not conflating party and state

marine1

Honorary Master
Jstrike I have never read such utter crap in my life. Firstly I doubt you are a member of the DA, if you are, god help us.
Secondly the ANC do NOT know the difference between party and state and could care less really. That's a damn fact and if you had any ounce of integrity you would admit that

MFour

Expert Member
Sad state of affairs indeed. I'm thinking some folks still believe that there is a place in this world for dictators and their comrades, even as the world around us is standing up and ousting their own dictators. Time for some to catch a wake up and learn that this type of "ruling" is not the way of the future.

I guess for some things there simply is no cure.

Mila

Honorary Master
Yeah and who you agree in Zimbabwe they should suport insted?

They should boicot them all together. Send the millions of bobbies back and make them sort out their own crap. No support needs to go to people that does not want to be helped.

Skitter

Who doesn't want to be helped there? Why do they coming here then...

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
That was Gwede Mantashe. Is is not a Government official, but an ANC official. He is perfectly entitled to pledge support for Zanu-PF.
You are confusing State and Party. Even though a party may be elected to State, they are still a separate entity with different priorities and responsibilities. The State should not choose side, the party definitely can

Sorry who is the Deputy president of the country? would that not be Mr Mantashe. And for him making these comments what is he currently doing up in Buluwayo is it state business or party business. It would be interesting to see who fits the bill for this little trip whether it be the ANC paying for it or the taxpayer.

Impartial my rectum!!

Mila

Honorary Master
Who doesn't want to be helped there? Why do they coming here then...

Because here you get free grants. They do however only come at the end of the month to collect it and then return home. ( will find link )

If they wanted it to change they can go backand fight for it. Hypocritical to tell people they are all kind of things when they leave SA for reasons but allow the whole world to squat in your back yard on your taxes.

Its a free ride here, In Zimbo its work.

JStrike

Honorary Master
Jstrike I have never read such utter crap in my life. Firstly I doubt you are a member of the DA, if you are, god help us.
Secondly the ANC do NOT know the difference between party and state and could care less really. That's a damn fact and if you had any ounce of integrity you would admit that

I am. That being said, all it involves is a fee of a couple rand per year. Not particularly difficult to become one.
And I still stand by what I said. Sure, there are instances where they don't remember the separation of party and state, and these lapses are very wrong, but on the whole, they are pretty good about it

JStrike

Honorary Master
Sorry who is the Deputy president of the country? would that not be Mr Mantashe. And for him making these comments what is he currently doing up in Buluwayo is it state business or party business. It would be interesting to see who fits the bill for this little trip whether it be the ANC paying for it or the taxpayer.

Impartial my rectum!!

hahahahahahah no.
Mr Mantashe is Secretary General of the ANC.
The Deputy President of of the RSA is Kgalema Motlanthe.
It is very, very disturbing when our citzens don't know who our Deputy President is (But still feel they should be commenting about it)

Did you enjoy your little rant?

Last edited:

RaptorSA

Executive Member
hahahahahahah no.
Mr Mantashe is Secretary General of the ANC.
The Deputy President of of the RSA is Kgalema Motlanthe.
It is very, very disturbing when our citzens don't know who our Deputy President is (But still feel they should be commenting about it)

Did you enjoy your little rant?

ooooh eina :p