ANC premier’s son gets R1.1-million bursary

TysonRoux

Executive Member
I think denel was probably paying for private tuition.
You're 100% correct.

https://ewn.co.za/2018/12/05/denel-admits-bursary-granted-to-supra-mahumapelo-s-son-was-illegal
But a forensic investigation has found that the air school was not an approved study institution in terms of the state-owned company’s bursary policy.
It was awarded without following the selection process.
Denel board member Talib Sadik: "The bursaries were not advertised as required by the policy nor was it approved by the bursary committee of Denel and as a result of that we’ve terminated the bursary policy."
Denel’s former chief executive Zwelakhe Ntshepe previously denied the bursary was not above board and has since resigned.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
It does does not mean that Mahumapelo's son is not capable of being the best because his father is a dodgy politician, the deal might have been a corrupt one for all we know, but that does not say anything about the competence of Mahumapelo Jr, which is what I was questioning, being the best in what you do and your father being a corrupt politician are not mutually exclusive, in that post the poster implied that Mahumapelo was not the best, I asked for anything that indicates that he is not the best candidate, I never said he was the best so I don't have to give you any facts.
thechamp must be devastated...
Why?

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
Proven or not proven has never been my concern throughout this whole thread, seems like you are adopting the Broederbonds tendencies, what's up with you?
I obviously misinterpreted your stance, as you seemed to be disinclined to accept rumours - with which I agree wholeheartedly. (Not accepting rumours that is!)
Broederbond is not for me. But the IOL seems to be pretty pro ANC, so I figured you would find it an acceptable source. The story has been on the go for a little while now to the best of my memory.
I do feel a bit sorry for the lad having his hopes dashed, but he can't freewheel on the backs of the less well connected the rest of his life.
If he really wants to fly he will find a way. It just won't be quite so plush.
By the way, do you find IOL a bit too pro Surve these days? The news seemed to get less, and the self advertising and slagging off of the opposition a lot more. I welcomed the change initially to wider view points, even if some were a bit OTT, but alternative views became rarer recently.

Frequent visitor

Expert Member
There is no talking sense to them when they are in that mode, I am just worried about the Frequent Visitor, I have spent enough time with the others, I understand them.
Thank you for your concern. I hope I have assuaged the concern in the last post. I do prefer to be a bit 'off the wall' though.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I thought only the best became pilots
Any indication that Mahumapelo's son is not the best?
Thechamp was only responding to this comment. He/she made no mention with regards to the legality of the bursary, just that Supra's son may have been a decent pilot and there is no evidence that he was not a genuine pilot candidate

HOWEVER the bloody premier could pay for his own son's pilot schooling as he earns enough bloody money. Good on Pravin for starting on cleaning these corrupt SOE delaings out.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Thechamp was only responding to this comment. He/she made no mention with regards to the legality of the bursary, just that Supra's son may have been a decent pilot and there is no evidence that he was not a genuine pilot candidate

HOWEVER the bloody premier could pay for his own son's pilot schooling as he earns enough bloody money. Good on Pravin for starting on cleaning these corrupt SOE delaings out.
Like that worked for Zuma, highest paid president in the whole effin' universe.. still steals!