ANC rotten to the core!

jontyB

Expert Member
http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx?articleid=289527&area=/insight/insight__national/

This week, we expose a new business front set up by the African National Congress (ANC) to seek profit on its behalf.

The Johannesburg-based Chancellor House group of companies has acquired "empowerment" stakes in a wide range of businesses (see "Other Chancellor House investments").

More often than not, these opportunities have depended on the government's discretion -- the award of state tenders, mineral rights and the like. This means the ANC, as ruling party, has been both player and referee.
Is there any part of this organisation that is actually good? :mad:

K

kingrob

Corruption = ANC and all it stands for.

'A better tomorrow' - for some....

Alan

Honorary Master
A New Corruption?
Am I wrong in sensing surprise at this realisation. I always new they were corrupt shysters. The ANC today is no different to the one 10 years ago.

I hate to say it;)
but I told you so :p .

:cool:

dlk001

Executive Member
Its disappointing to know for sure that 50% of this story is inaccurate. I cannot comment on the rest of Chancellor House's other business involvements but with respect to Manganese and Russia, the reporting is not accurate.

The writer has chosen to ignore the whole story about the Manganese Saga which includes and not limited to Samancor, Assmang and Assore.

50% of this story qualifies as a “Smear Campaign” because either I know better than the reporter or the reporter knows as much but has chosen to be selective at reporting it.

Last edited:

bekdik

Honorary Master
Am I wrong in sensing surprise at this realisation. I always new they were corrupt shysters. The ANC today is no different to the one 10 years ago.

I hate to say it;)
but I told you so :p .

:cool:
No surprise, just the realisation of what ANC stood for :D

Reason

Which is why reason dictates that citizens should change their governments from time to time. Parties with an absolute and long term hold on power go corrupt. It is how human nature works. Sadly in South Africa government does not seem to change hands very often.

I mean we have only had 2 governments in the last 50 years, and the party currently in power absorbed the party previously in power.

IamCanadian

Banned
Which is why reason dictates that citizens should change their governments from time to time. Parties with an absolute and long term hold on power go corrupt. It is how human nature works. Sadly in South Africa government does not seem to change hands very often.

I mean we have only had 2 governments in the last 50 years, and the party currently in power absorbed the party previously in power.
South Africa has never had real democracy. It has failed.

The question is will SA ever become a true democracy like Canada or will it eventually resemble something like Zimbabwe.

1994 - Nice try though.

K

kingrob

Its disappointing to know for sure that 50% of this story is inaccurate. I cannot comment on the rest of Chancellor House's other business involvements but with respect to Manganese and Russia, the reporting is not accurate.

The writer has chosen to ignore the whole story about the Manganese Saga which includes and not limited to Samancor, Assmang and Assore.

50% of this story qualifies as a “Smear Campaign” because either I know better than the reporter or the reporter knows as much but has chosen to be selective at reporting it.
Ok, have it your way - the ANC is only 50% corrupt. :)

kingmonty

Expert Member

I think you're blowing smoke out of your Assore. I have the full research in front of me as well as all the companies and individuals involved in this thing, and it definitely all adds up. The company names mentioned are not even a tenth of the various fronting companies involved. Chancellor House is but one, there are several others and I have the proof right here in front of me. And the directors are the same time and time again, and goes as far as the World Cup Organising Committee.

jontyB: you're right, the ANC is rotten to the core.

dlk001

Executive Member
Maybe I'm also rotten to the core since I was there at the DME presentations in Northern Cape and Pretoria.