ANC to help Mugabe win election?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/anc-to-help-mugabe-win-election-1.1196180

Johannesburg - The ANC has offered to help President Robert Mugabe's ruling Zanu-PF win the next elections in neighbouring Zimbabwe, press reports said on Sunday.
“We are willing to assist in coming up with election messages and strategies that would deliver victory,” ANC secretary-general Gwede Mantashe told Zanu-PF's annual congress Saturday in Zimbabwe's second city Bulawayo, The Sunday Times reported.
“It is important for Zanu-PF to regain lost ground and continue to represent the aspirations of the people of Zimbabwe,” he was quoted as saying.
Observers voiced surprise at the offer, since Mantashe has frequently criticised the autocratic rule of President Robert Mugabe, 87, who has led Zimbabwe since independence in 1980.
They expect it to wrong-foot President Jacob Zuma - who is both ANC president and the regional Southern African Development Community's mediator for Zimbabwe, where Zanu-PF is in a conflictual unity government with the opposition Movement for Democratic Change led by Morgan Tsvangirai.
“These are government-to-government relations, and Zuma is working under the auspices of SADC, (while the) ANC is a different animal altogether,” Mantashe said, according to the online newspaper The Zimbabwean. “(The) ANC must interact with some of the sister parties in the region.”
He added: “The ANC wishes to affirm her commitment to being a good and trustworthy neighbour to a fellow liberation movement (against white minority rule).”
“We will send campaign strategy teams to work with you; this will be the best way to celebrate the centenary of the ANC in January 2012,” he said.
At Saturday's rally, Mugabe called on his supporters to unite behind him to win elections which he would like to see held next year. - Sapa-AFP

Wonder what ever happened to this....

So they won't interfere in Botswana, but they will interfere in Zimbabwe?

Do any of these morons ever actually realise when they are speaking with a forked tongue? :confused:

Nicodeamus

Honorary Master
What happened to them criticizing the west for interfering in Libya?...Now they are doing the exact same in Zimbabwe?

VioAdmin

Expert Member
This is what we call "ALLIES" -- Again, this is no different to how China protects North Korea, no different from how the US protects and covers up for Israel when they murder the innocent Palestine children.

This is what it means to have power and friends...Corruption at it's best.

It sucks for the lot of us but we are powerless; Only way out is...dare I say, ANARCHY? :)

Flanders

Honorary Master
Wow, what a surprise.

I wonder though what is meant by "help President Robert Mugabe's ruling Zanu-PF win the next elections"? What exactly would they need help with during an election? Logistics? :rolleyes:

Bunch of worthless scum - the whole lot.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
I wonder though what is meant by "help President Robert Mugabe's ruling Zanu-PF win the next elections"? What exactly would they need help with during an election? Logistics? :rolleyes:
"Monitoring". In order to ensure free and fair elections, they "assist" the illiterate by showing them which box to place their tick in, much like they do here.

grok

Honorary Master
The ANC is grandstanding again .. everyone knows Bob doesn't need help, he's been rigging his own elections perfectly fine by himself thus far.

Flanders

Honorary Master
"Monitoring". In order to ensure free and fair elections, they "assist" the illiterate by showing them which box to place their tick in, much like they do here.

It's just laughable though. They're not saying that they're there to ensure a free and fair election or anything. They're specifically saying "We are willing to assist in coming up with election messages and strategies that would deliver victory" to ZanuPF specifically. They're openly admitting that they're there to ensure ZanuPF wins.

Lekka "demo-crace" we got here hey guys! What a fkn joke.

Lightscribe

Banned
This is good. Now syphilis bob will create enough hate for Zimbabweans to do a gaddafi on him...

killadoob

Honorary Master
This is good. Now syphilis bob will create enough hate for Zimbabweans to do a gaddafi on him...

Really after all these years you think the people will suddenly rise? If the people did rise and he started killing them again who would do anything? It's proven the west won't touch a country unless there is something in it for them so i cannot see how a revolution would really get them anywhere.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Really after all these years you think the people will suddenly rise? If the people did rise and he started killing them again who would do anything? It's proven the west won't touch a country unless there is something in it for them so i cannot see how a revolution would really get them anywhere.

Why would the west need to invade zim?

PS. Here's some info for you.

http://www.mbendi.com/indy/oilg/af/p0005.htm

killadoob

Honorary Master
Why would the west need to invade zim?

PS. Here's some info for you.

http://www.mbendi.com/indy/oilg/af/p0005.htm

Well the west is capable of removing anyone from power.

Africa had proven oil reserves of 117.481 billion barrels, the saudi's for instance have almost 3 times that amount. So the way i see it africa has a tiny amount of oil actually. If you think about Libya having 47 billion, that accounts for nearly half of africa's oil. So unless zimbabwe find oil there is no one that will help them.

Lightscribe

Banned

42 years of gaddaffi, 30 years of mubarak, 23 years of ben ali...31 years of syphilis bob...I'd say the time is right for the pot to boil over. Once it starts, the friends with weapons pour in from all over the world...

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Well the west is capable of removing anyone from power.

Africa had proven oil reserves of 117.481 billion barrels, the saudi's for instance have almost 3 times that amount. So the way i see it africa has a tiny amount of oil actually. If you think about Libya having 47 billion, that accounts for nearly half of africa's oil. So unless zimbabwe find oil there is no one that will help them.

But why must they invade zim?
It's a democratic country. South Africa declared their past few elections free and fair.

killadoob

Honorary Master
But why must they invade zim?
It's a democratic country. South Africa declared their past few elections free and fair.

How is rigging elections democratic i wonder? Sure they have a democratic process but that is about as democratic as it gets :D.

If the west really cared about the people as much as they claim alf, mugabe would have been gone in 2000 already. You would not need to invade Zimbabwe, you would just need to send in a team and take out mugabe.

I guess they could even go as far as putting 10000 troops in zim to ensure the elections are free and fair but it's zimbabwe who really gives a shyte?

Ou grote

Honorary Master
How is rigging elections democratic i wonder? Sure they have a democratic process but that is about as democratic as it gets :D.

If the west really cared about the people as much as they claim alf, mugabe would have been gone in 2000 already. You would not need to invade Zimbabwe, you would just need to send in a team and take out mugabe.

I guess they could even go as far as putting 10000 troops in zim to ensure the elections are free and fair but it's zimbabwe who really gives a shyte?

But based on your criteria there, they'd have to do the same in at least 50 African countries, most of South America and parts of Asia. A few European countries as well.