ANC turns to crowdfunding to raise funds for elections campaign

rvZA

Executive Member
Every corrupt BEE candidate should contribute a minimum of R10m - R100m.

Top ANC cadres should each contribute a minimum of R250m - R1bn.

Every grant recipient should contribute a minimum of R100 - R500.

It is the right thing to do.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
My dad bought his first car whilst in varsity after placing an ad in the Volksblad newspaper, which read:
"Desperately in need. Please send postal-orders"

If you think the ANC (and Zuma) are short of cash, just because MSM says so, you're a fscking idiot.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
That WMC puppet has got them right where he wants them, he is now going for total capture.

rvZA

Executive Member
That WMC puppet has got them right where he wants them, he is now going for total capture.

Oh, and while on the topic, working / employed ANC supporters should all contribute a minimum of R10k - R100k.

It is the right thing to do.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Isn't that how the party has survived all these years?

Nope. During it's "struggle" years the ANC survived and raised funds through car theft, drug smuggling and other illegal activities. Those habits are hard to break for the thugs that are now part of the patronage network.

Single example - Errol Velile Present, Luthuli House CIT robber.

qscwbt

Expert Member
Maybe I don't understand this correctly, so anyone please correct me.

The Political Party Funding Act, which compels political parties to declare donations of R100 000 and above, has come into effect.

All political parties has to disclose from who they receive "sponsorship". This was always kept secret so big donors could easily sponsor the anc for whatever benefit the could get. Now they have to disclose which means it might upset the public seeing which companies support the corrupt ANC.

So.........

Now if you set up crowdfunding your same "sponsor' can still give you money with no one knowing and you stay anonymous.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Nope. During it's "struggle" years the ANC survived and raised funds through car theft, drug smuggling and other illegal activities. Those habits are hard to break for the thugs that are now part of the patronage network.

One guy I worked with turned out be a CIT robber, or a former CIT robber because the crime that finally caught up with him was commited years ago, he went on leave and just never came back, the employer did not see a cent of that money, he kept it all for himself.

There is no proof that Velile was robbing CIT vans for the benefit of the ANC.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

I was referring to post apartheid ANC.

Will not discuss...

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Maybe I don't understand this correctly, so anyone please correct me.

The Political Party Funding Act, which compels political parties to declare donations of R100 000 and above, has come into effect.

All political parties has to disclose from who they receive "sponsorship". This was always kept secret so big donors could easily sponsor the anc for whatever benefit the could get. Now they have to disclose which means it might upset the public seeing which companies support the corrupt ANC.

So.........

Now if you set up crowdfunding your same "sponsor' can still give you money with no one knowing and you stay anonymous.
It was secret because funders donate to more than one party and don't care about party loyalty, so someone who is funding the ANC could also be funding the DA and the EFF, so revealing the names could leave the donors in an undesirable position.

It is on record that the Guptas donated money to the DA, so that's mostly how it is with most funders.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
One guy I worked with turned out be a CIT robber, or a former CIT robber because the crime that finally caught up with him was commited years ago, he went on leave and just never came back, the employer did not see a cent of that money, he kept it all for himself.

There is no proof that Velile was robbing CIT vans for the benefit of the ANC.

So, can you tell me where he is now?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I was referring to post apartheid ANC.

Will not discuss...

You don't know how tenders work then? Pre approved at hugely inflated prices. The ANC got some of that kickback too. Not possible anymore due to funding being declared. Ever wondered why they have a crisis since that law?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
It was secret because funders donate to more than one party and don't care about party loyalty, so someone who is funding the ANC could also be funding the DA and the EFF, so revealing the names could leave the donors in an undesirable position.

It is on record that the Guptas donated money to the DA, so that's mostly how it is with most funders.

So, why is only ANC funding drying up then?