ANC using land issue to attack white people - Moeletsi Mbeki

Chris_the_Brit

Grand Master of the Friendzone
"I'm totally unworried about ANC and EFF propaganda on land expropriation. It has nothing to do with land, it's about the ANC losing elections," says political analyst Moeletsi Mbeki.

He was speaking at a Nation of Conversation panel discussion as part of the Nampo Harvest Day in Bothaville.

"This is not about land. It is about the loss of votes by the ANC and its little son, the EFF. They think they can bring back the voters who are abandoning the ANC by attacking the white population. It's an attack on the white citizens of South Africa. They're using this as a camouflage to attack the white population.

"It is supported and reinforced by the famous black racist, Mr [Julius] Malema, who is very eloquent. Malema is actually now leading the ANC's election campaign by attacking white people."
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...o-attack-white-people-moeletsi-mbeki-20180515

access

Executive Member
toughen up, africa isnt a place for sissies, until you hurt teh feels :D

it are an lovely distraction like

Milano

Executive Member
They're using this as a camouflage to attack the white population.
It worked in Zimbabwe all the way until there were just 25,000 whites left. It successfully enriched one family and destroyed a country. In Africa we call that success.

Flanders

Executive Member
This we all know already, for years!
Well, yes, everyone knows. Except, of course, for the ignorant twits a whoopin' and a hollerin' for these policies to be implemented - apparently a worthwhile percentage of the ANC & EFF voter base for their leadership to entice with this madness and risk absolutely everything.

Put another way, they obviously don't see it as targeting the extreme fringes of their voter base.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
It worked in Zimbabwe all the way until there were just 25,000 whites left. It successfully enriched one family and destroyed a country. In Africa we call that success.
I personally know two white families who got insanely richer since the Mugabes destroyed the country.

That would make three families enriched with yours.

(I really should write how generalizing is always inaccurate for dummies)

Flanders

Executive Member
I personally know two white families who got insanely richer since the Mugabes destroyed the country.

Yes, I know of a couple of white dudes who have scored off the situation in Zim - through nothing more than supplying basics like soap, toothpaste and cooking oil. Good for them.

Then there were those who lived in debt during the time of the currency crash who were able to flick a dollar coin in the bank teller's face and pay off their property, home and vehicle in one go. Quite a score too, if nothing but a sad consolation.

DonaldMickey

Yeah, agreed. As long as some people came through financially better than before, who gives a flying turd about the rest? **** the negative impact it had on Zimbabwe and a lot of its people. **** those who lost everything. As long as you can make a point about generalisations, **** it.

Yeah, agreed. As long as some people came through financially better than before, who gives a flying turd about the rest? **** the negative impact it had on Zimbabwe and a lot of its people. **** those who lost everything. As long as you can make a point about generalisations, **** it.
One way ticket to france if ewc doesn't work out

Says it all really ;)

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Yes, the Mugabe killed the county. It’s obvious, thanks Sherlock.

No, I’m not defending them.

I’m just showing the stupidity of generalizing because it’s never accurate.

It’s never one family, there’s always a patronage/support system behind (part being political ZANU PF, part being businessmen, part being military) and all of these came out richer at the expense of the country by opportunity or by careful planning.

Just blaming it on one person is a 5 year old child thinking, too commonly found in South Africa (even on seemingly educated people).

You don’t have to say BS to make a point, you just make your point weaker.

Last edited:

Jack Marlow

Honorary Master

konfab

Honorary Master
Interesting observation. Just the fact that he thinks that scores with the population means he is of the opinion that the ANC is relying on racist attitude of the general populace to win the election.
It fits in perfectly. They ratchet up the rhetoric when the possibility of loosing their majority is the highest.

Milano

Executive Member
They have no alternative. They cannot tackle elections based on anything real as it just opens topics at every level of $billions stolen. They have to deflect even though it is these same racist policies that have turned off their electorate. Catch-22.

Arzy

Honorary Master
The sad reality is that the ANC is losing control. I'm not referring to government here though.

The ANC is losing control of its "constituencies" on the ground and you have little thiefdoms popping up all over the place. These guys are using "policies" such as radical economic transformation, new dawn and expropriation without compensation as blunt tools to try and enrich themselves.

I sat in a meeting for 3/4 hours this week listening to their vitriol. This specific groups stand point was that because Cyril had mentioned 30% local participation in a speech it was now legislation. On saying that we hadn't seen the legislation and would like a copy of it we were simply branded as uneducated racists.

On bringing up that we had the actual stats on people employed, being between 60% and 80% from the local communities depending on function, we were told that we shouldn't try and cloud the issue with petty details.

On suggesting that we include local government representatives in the discussion we were told not to politicise things.

The crux of their matter was that they wanted us to officially recognise them and give them control over 30% of the activities in the area. This would relate to deciding everything from who gets employed to who gets sub-contracted.

We also need to clearly understand that they would receive no payment for this but the people who benefitted who be encouraged to make a donation to them for the assistance.

Should we choose not to work with them the alternative would be less than pleasant and we could expect protests and the like.

The sad reality is that this is already the 2nd or 3rd group which have come around with a similar story and demands. The ANC has no control over them any more and they are becoming militant under the guise of serving the community and implementing policy.