ANC Youth League leader hijacked in Durban

schumi

Honorary Master
DURBAN - THE regional secretary of the ANC Youth League in eThekwini became a victim of crime when he was hijacked, kidnapped and dumped more than 20 kilometres away on Friday when armed criminals made of with his Audi S3.

Thinta Cibane's car is yet to be recovered by the police. He was on his way to his Musgrave home after buying newspapers in Overport, at about 5am on Friday morning when the incident happened.

Thulisa Ndlela, a spokesperson for the ANC Youth League in Durban, said three armed men accosted Cibane and shoved him in the back of his car before driving about 20 kilometres south dumping him at the Uganda informal settlement in Isipingo.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/news/anc-youth-league-leader-hijacked-in-durban-17558459

Temujin

Expert Member
I'm not buying this story, its not adding up... ANCYL member reading newspaper, pffft... something fishy going on here:D

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
What does the regional secretary get paid so that he can. Afford a home in Musgrave and drive an s3... Also what kind of retarded twat goes out at 5am to buy papers... With the kind of money he seems to earn one would think he was getting them delivered

I'm guessing he was actually on his way home from a piss up and wrote his car off...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
What does the regional secretary get paid so that he can. Afford a home in Musgrave and drive an s3... Also what kind of retarded twat goes out at 5am to buy papers... With the kind of money he seems to earn one would think he was getting them delivered

I'm guessing he was actually on his way home from a piss up and wrote his car off...
They don't get paid a salary afaik. He probably has a source of income elsewhere

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Like most cadres it's usually politically connected deals like tenders etc.
I was acquaintances with a regional office bearer who worked in the private sector. It's true some feed off the patronage feeding scheme but there are those who are involved in genuine work.