ANC's Andile Lungisa loses appeal over water jug attack on DA councillor

TheChamp

Honorary Master
He wants to portray the good boy image to the concourt, I won't be surprised if he also apologise to the judges he accused of things.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
How on earth does one get bail after you have already been found guilty of the crime?
Cases like this are very educational to the public, as tragic as the Zuma years were we learnt a lot of things on how the law and many other government structures work.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
More bizarre:
On Friday he was granted his heart's desire, but he has now opted to turn down the bail offer.

Speaking to the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) his brother Ayongezwa said Lungisa has some unfinished business behind bars.

“Andile has the interest of finishing the programmes he would have started inside prison.”

Sollie

Honorary Master

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Cases like this are very educational to the public, as tragic as the Zuma years were we learnt a lot of things on how the law and many other government structures work.
We learnt a lot about how the law can be manipulated to suit vested interests and how government structures have collapsed.
Us old timers know how these things are supposed to work.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
We learnt a lot about how the law can be manipulated to suit vested interests and government structures have collapsed.
Us old timers know how these things are supposed to work.
I am not sure what you are saying here but I think the law is working exactly how it's supposed to work in Lungisa's case, it's provided for in law that someone can appeal until all appeal avenues are exhausted. people are just surprised and even suspicious because they are actually learning something new because some politician is being prosecuted, we wouldn't have all of this if it was just an ordinary Sipho from Matatiele.

I don't think it has anything to do with being an old timer, the law is there for everyone to peruse and analyze, old or young.

dunkyd

Executive Member
Throw a jug and end up in the jug, steal billions and become a president ?