ANC's Andile Lungisa loses appeal over water jug attack on DA councillor

R13...

Honorary Master
I present to you a very successful appeal.

Is the 3 year thing a mistake?
Andile knew he wouldn't succeed that's why he went about that sham of staying in jail. And I assume some of his people at the DoC explained the loop holes for getting him to serve the absolute minimum time.

skimread

Honorary Master
The moment he got out he makes political statements against Ramphosa for the Zupta faction.

When he was released he was welcomed by Supra Muhumapelo and other Zupta factionites . The same bunch who were at the court Ace was appearing.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Is the 3 year thing a mistake?
Andile knew he wouldn't succeed that's why he went about that sham of staying in jail. And I assume some of his people at the DoC explained the loop holes for getting him to serve the absolute minimum time.
Could have been 3 and 1 year suspended.

R13...

Honorary Master
I see Andile now plans to go to the ICC and reapproach the concourt. Dude obviously really can't live with the prospect of permanent exclusion from the trough. He can't countenance having to live off scraps.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I see Andile now plans to go to the ICC and reapproach the concourt. Dude obviously really can't live with the prospect of permanent exclusion from the trough. He can't countenance having to live off scraps.
The same ICC we withdrew from when his hero was still running the show?

ponder

Honorary Master

We have not withdrawn, yet... notification was given, rescinded but never effective. Now sitting with parliament.

Secondly, the ICC does not deal with mickey mouse cases like andiles so good luck to him...

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Since when did we withdraw from ICC? Didn't they realise at the time that it's not an easy process withdrawing and gave up that idea?

ponder

Honorary Master
Since when did we withdraw from ICC? Didn't they realise at the time that it's not an easy process withdrawing and gave up that idea?

They gave notice, high court ruled it's unconstitutional as it has to go via parliament as a bill, withdrawal was rescinded before it became effective. Parliamentary bill was later withdrawn, anc tabled a new bill that's currently sitting with parliament...

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Yes the idea was given up, it's the thought that counts.

I am sure at the time Andile would have been very supportive of the decision, it just looks hypocritical to be now running to the ICC, of course not like it will bother a lowlife like him.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

I am sure at the time Andile would have been very supportive of the decision, it just looks hypocritical to be now running to the ICC, of course not like it will bother a lowlife like him.

Will be funny as all hell when the ICC pretty much ignore him.

profa

Honorary Master
Shouldn't the ICC have kicked us out because we let that other guy "get away"?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Will be funny as all hell when the ICC pretty much ignore him.
I know he got a great deal on the prison sentence but the discomfort he must be feeling thinking about his feature prospects is something I can live with.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I know he got a great deal on the prison sentence but the discomfort he must be feeling thinking about his feature prospects is something I can live with.

I'm still annoyed as fsck about the prison bit....but yeah the sentence bit being thrown out by the ConCourt was a nice little bit and what it does to his future prospects is something he richly deserves.

ponder

Honorary Master

The ANC is still pushing hard for it, they tabled a second bill after the first was withdrawn, squirrel is not keen on it but not much he can do. The bill is currently still with parliament, time will tell..,

Oldfut

Lungisa will be good - I see a lucrative spot and future for him on the ANC "Ethics" Committee. What an oxymoron personified.

friedpiggy

Expert Member
What needs to happen now is we find another inmate that was sentenced to three years for assault. All chip in a few bucks or get a lawyer to do it pro bono and approach the high court with a case of unfair discrimination against the DOC. Either every single prisoner who is convicted of assault gets out after 2 months or Andy boy goes back in the clink.

The argument could be that they both assaulted someone, both were sentenced to three years, however, Andy got out early and the inmate didn't. The only difference is that Andy is a politician and the constitution does not make allowances for preferential treatment of politicians.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Lungisa will be good - I see a lucrative spot and future for him on the ANC "Ethics" Committee. What an oxymoron personified.
Lucrative? You must not be keeping up with news, there's nothing lucrative about a job at Luthuli house, it's where people go when they have run out of options elsewhere.

Times are tough, even Tony cannot afford a R100k for a golf tournament.