ANC's Andile Lungisa loses appeal over water jug attack on DA councillor

buka001

Honorary Master
EibI810WsAA2d6V

I went to school with that Doctor.

buka001

Honorary Master
The person is a real doctor?
Yeah he is. He was in Matric, when I was in Std 6. He studied and qualified to be a doctor. Worked overseas for a while and returned to SA a few years back.

He was also very good at sport, broke several provincial records for sprinting and long jump back in the day.

He got 8 A's in Matric, back in the early 90's. Got a bursary to study medicine.

I am shocked he has said something so stupid like this.

A fascinating study of how ideology can warp your views.

ponder

Honorary Master

R13...

Honorary Master
So he gets to be free for another year or two while his appeal works its way through the ConCourt? Nice.

Also why would a court who refused him leave to appeal the original sentence grant him bail. Surely they thought he had little prospect for success at appeal time? This is odd.

Oldfut

So he gets to be free for another year or two while his appeal works its way through the ConCourt? Nice.

Also why would a court who refused him leave to appeal the original sentence grant him bail. Surely they thought he had little prospect for success at appeal time? This is odd.

and I'm guessing the dungheap municipality picks up the lawyers tab?

ProfA

Honorary Master
The courts should reward his appeal with an extended sentence for wasting their time. Should help with future cases of people with money endlessly appealing if they know they might get more time inside.
Very short sighted comment no? One day, you are unwittingly caught up in the cesspool that is a justice system, and are innocent. So now you are afraid to appeal because of fear of being punished with a longer sentence. No offence your idea stinks. That said, your idea is already in effect in this country. You can get a longer sentence when appealing if the appeals court feels your original sentence was too leniant. Has happened before.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Very short sighted comment no? One day, you are unwittingly caught up in the cesspool that is a justice system, and are innocent. So now you are afraid to appeal because of fear of being punished with a longer sentence. No offence your idea stinks. That said, your idea is already in effect in this country. You can get a longer sentence when appealing if the appeals court feels your original sentence was too leniant. Has happened before.
If there is video of me smashing a glass jug over someones head, I would plead guilty and not waste the courts time. Hopefully they'll be lenient for showing remorse.

Last edited: