ANC's Andile Lungisa loses appeal over water jug attack on DA councillor

ProfA

Honorary Master
If there is video of me smashing a glass jug over someones head, I would plead guilty and not waste the courts time. Hopefully they'll be lenient for showing remorse.
I hear you. But I guarantee you, when your freedom is at stake (and you know you are very likely to be abused in prison), and you have the funds, you will try every trick in the book to keep your freedom, whether you are guilty or not. And evidence or not, it is a person's right to appeal. Only thing I do not agree with though, is that he is out on bail after being convicted. All appeals need to happen with him in custody.

We Love Bass

The justice system in this country is really fcuked up, this dummy gets 2 years for hitting a man with a jug but Bees Roux of the Blue Bulls killed a cop and walked free,HOW?:sleep:

wingnut771

Honorary Master
The justice system in this country is really fcuked up, this dummy gets 2 years for hitting a man with a jug but Bees Roux of the Blue Bulls killed a cop and walked free,HOW?:sleep:
Probably didn't waste the courts time pleading not guilty.

ProfA

Honorary Master
Could you show me a country where the justice system is not fcked up? A justice system where the amount of money you have makes no difference to the level of justice you receive?

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Maybe examine the facts attached to each case instead of twitter?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Isn't it standard practice to grant bail if there's a pending appeal?
That's why I say it's the animals who have more financial muscle who are more equal, they have the means to play the system, all within the rules.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The mind does boggle at this...

The ConCourt needs to pull finger and reject his request for access (or whatever they call it)... this fscker must spend his 2 years in jail.