And RAIN 5G premium back to 10Mbits ADSL speed again :-(

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Update ....
Still horrible speed.
No update and no contact yet .....
Hi MikeTosen,

I'd like to apologies profusely for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly note that you will be updated on your query.

Thanks.

MikeTosen

Hi MikeTosen,

I'd like to apologies profusely for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly note that you will be updated on your query.

Thanks.
I was contacted this afternoon and not sure what to make of the message.....
"Your case is now transferred to a different department " .... not sure what department that is ?
Thought the buck stops at the network department ?
Maybe there is multiple network departments.... as i keep hearing, your issue was escalated to the network department....
Well it was escalated mid April, and every second communication since then its being escalated to the network department....

Does it ever reach the network department, or the right network department?

Very frustrating this whole situation :mad:

Last edited:

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Rain does not have the bandwidth. They will take your cash and screw you over knowing this.

Assasin_Zer0

I was contacted this afternoon and not sure what to make of the message.....
"Your case is now transferred to a different department " .... not sure what department that is ?
Thought the buck stops at the network department ?
Maybe there is multiple network departments.... as i keep hearing, your issue was escalated to the network department....
Well it was escalated mid April, and every second communication since then its being escalated to the network department....

Does it ever reach the network department, or the right network department?

Very frustrating this whole situation :mad:
I have a feeling it doesn't. I've been waiting for weeks now for feedback.

MikeTosen

Hi Mike,

Yup ive noticed the same thing , I'm In The Reeds (So not that far from you)
Something else i just saw in your speedtests , Are your pings also always 30 - 34ms ?

I'm Also on the 5G Premium , and my speedtests have been a little over 20Mpbs on avarage.
Well, interestingly enough I just noticed that I am connecting to the reeds tower - %$%# knows why as there is a perfectly good tower right here by me.
So we both on the same tower getting horrible speeds.
Maybe this whole 5G network is flawed - something seriously messed up with it

Assasin_Zer0

Well, interestingly enough I just noticed that I am connecting to the reeds tower - %$%# knows why as there is a perfectly good tower right here by me.
So we both on the same tower getting horrible speeds.
Maybe this whole 5G network is flawed - something seriously messed up with it
Yup something seems off . But at least Rain is making contact with you, I haven't heard anything from them in a good long while .I don't even know if they are still attending to my ticket or if they just closed it .

Carlo Koekemoer

I think the problem is they spending all the money they are making from advertisement and giving away free sims knowing very well they do not have the capacity to handle the ppl that is with them , trying to play destiny 2 at 3 am in the morning and keep getting disconnects meantime going to speedtest all I see is rain adverts going to youtube all i see is rain adverts , the support I got was reboot your router , like a normal human being would not have done that by himself without being told that makes me wonder why and if they actually pay humans for giving support , maybe they do not have money left to pay support so they just say reboot the router , instead of upgrading the towers etc .

Assasin_Zer0

I think the problem is they spending all the money they are making from advertisement and giving away free sims knowing very well they do not have the capacity to handle the ppl that is with them , trying to play destiny 2 at 3 am in the morning and keep getting disconnects meantime going to speedtest all I see is rain adverts going to youtube all i see is rain adverts , the support I got was reboot your router , like a normal human being would not have done that by himself without being told that makes me wonder why and if they actually pay humans for giving support , maybe they do not have money left to pay support so they just say reboot the router , instead of upgrading the towers etc .
lol yeah i dunno anymore , I had a great connection way back when , and haven't been able to get anywhere close to where i was in December of last year. I have been a rain customer since before the public launch . Just show's your just a number ,or at-least that is the impression i am getting , i have been logging tickets since then complaining about the degraded experience , and I have literally not gotten anywhere ,I have not heard anything from rain in weeks , even the rep on my MYBB ignores me like a stop street. I'm Really hoping that Metro finishes soon as they seem the be our saving grace in this area , because at the moment we have no alternatives here , We are split up between , Telkom LTE \ Rain LTE and a Popular WISP , However the Wisp is at capacity and longer taking on new customers "The way Rain should be doing" . It's seems that Rain is now all about quantity rather than quality.
As a side note I'm on 5G Premium . Average Downloads are between 10 - 40Mbps

MikeTosen

Things are looking up at the moment ...... lets see how long it lasts
Best ever upload I have seen - CPE settings unchanged - factory defaults - CPE not moved or touched in any way - not even rebooted.
Connected to my closest tower - 580m away

Ping still sucks - but hey at least I can do stuff - better than nothing ...

Must be something RAIN changed as else it's unexplained ....

Speed MBB 25_July_2020_12_13.PNG

Signal stats is like it was always - same CELLID ....
Signal Stats 25_July_2020_12_13.PNG

Reactions: Yuu

MikeTosen

Oh, just to put into perspective, and that I am not complaining about nothing - this is what it was yesterday - and it got worse later the evening ...
Speed 24_July_2020_17h50.PNG

MikeTosen

Things are looking up at the moment ...... lets see how long it lasts
Best ever upload I have seen - CPE settings unchanged - factory defaults - CPE not moved or touched in any way - not even rebooted.
Connected to my closest tower - 580m away

Ping still sucks - but hey at least I can do stuff - better than nothing ...

Must be something RAIN changed as else it's unexplained ....

View attachment 880867

Signal stats is like it was always - same CELLID ....
View attachment 880871

I am sad to report - speed was only good till today - dropping badly again.
Not sure if they changed something again - but seems I am right this network is highly unstable :-(

Last edited:

MikeTosen

Still messed up and getting worse - had hope Saturday morning - its all gone now ..... pathetic :thumbsdown: :mad: