Andile Ramaphosa admits Bosasa paid him R2m

3WA

Honorary Master
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/exclusive-andile-ramaphosa-admits-bosasa-paid-him-r2m-20190327
President Cyril Ramaphosa's son Andile has admitted that corruption-accused company Bosasa paid him R2m in a business deal he "sincerely regrets".
In an exclusive interview on Monday, Ramaphosa Jr confirmed details of a News24 investigation spanning several months, which lifted the lid on the secretive agreement.
In December 2017, his company Blue Crane Capital signed an "advisory mandate" with Bosasa, resulting in it being receiving a monthly retainer fee of R150 000, which was later increased to R230 000.
"It was a severe oversight on our part," he said of the glaring red flags he claimed to have missed before putting pen to paper.
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...ramaphosa-admits-bosasa-paid-him-r2m-20190327
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...ramaphosa-admits-bosasa-paid-him-r2m-20190327

3WA

Honorary Master
Sounds like “close range” was a load of bull (buffalo?). Or else Andile just lies to his dad.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
At least he is an honest thief and admitted to stealing, unlike ALL the Zumas and Guptas out there :thumbsup:

3WA

Honorary Master
At least he is an honest thief and admitted to stealing, unlike ALL the Zumas and Guptas out there :thumbsup:

I do appreciate that he's not insulting our intelligence. Duduzane Zuma/Brian Shivambu would still be saying they're totally legitimate business deals.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
It was not an oversight but just normal business in those days, everybody whp matters was doing business with Bosasa.

ProfA

Honorary Master
New dawn :laugh:

Where are the dumb@sses who thinks this guy just needs a chance? Or that he is a good guy, but doesnt have control of the organisation? Guy doesnt even have control of his kids then right?:ROFL:

R13...

Honorary Master
I wonder what sort of advisory services he was offering as he doesn't seem to have the experience and capability for it. Unless that's the political definition for influence peddling, which is really what he was doing or Bossasa were just hedging to cover themselves in the event his dad attained high office. I imagine there are others on their payroll in the other ANC camps as well.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I wonder what sort of advisory services he was offering as he doesn't seem to have the experience and capability for it. Unless that's the political definition for influence peddling, which is really what he was doing or Bossasa were just hedging to cover themselves in the event his dad attained high office. I imagine there are others on their payroll in the other ANC camps as well.
Of course it's influence peddling