André de Ruyter warns that South Africa has a tough year ahead when it comes to load-shedding

Mantashe you twat.

"Another challenge is that Mantashe is resistant to rapidly bringing green energy onto the Eskom grid."

“Talk of the closure of coal-fired power stations is creating an environment where people who run Eskom don’t see the urgency of ensuring that those power stations must give us energy,” he said.

Do they not live in the same country we do and do their families not experience what we do, but they feel the urgency? Bollocks.

Don't know who will replace these idiots in government, but they need to be replaced, rather sooner.

Our problem is that we taking input from a guy who sold **** and has a fetish for farts. The other feasting on free Bosasa braai packs and other brown paper bag hand outs.
Squirrel needs to bring together a Tiger Team of independent experts from South Africa and around the world. The old white farts that were fired need to be in those Tiger Teams.
Although it has its origins in NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration and more specifically NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory the use of Tiger Teams in energy and power generations is not uncommon. An initiative involving Tiger Teams was implemented by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) under then-Secretary James D. Watkins. From 1989 through 1992 the DOE formed Tiger Teams to assess 35 DOE facilities for compliance with environment, safety, and health requirements. Beginning in October 1991 smaller Tiger Teams were formed to perform more detailed follow-up assessments to focus on the most pressing issues.
The most famous being the "Houston - we have a problem incident":
PS: **** the politicians,

Last edited:
Our problem is that we taking input from a guy who sold **** and has a fetish for farts. The other feasting on free Bosasa braai packs and other brown paper bag hand outs.
Squirrel needs to bring together a Tiger Team of independent experts from South Africa and around the world. The old white farts that were fired need to be in those Tiger Teams.
Although it has its origins in NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration and more specifically NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory the use of Tiger Teams in energy and power generations is not uncommon. An initiative involving Tiger Teams was implemented by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) under then-Secretary James D. Watkins. From 1989 through 1992 the DOE formed Tiger Teams to assess 35 DOE facilities for compliance with environment, safety, and health requirements. Beginning in October 1991 smaller Tiger Teams were formed to perform more detailed follow-up assessments to focus on the most pressing issues.
The most famous being the "Houston - we have a problem incident":
PS: **** the politicians,
I see I must rather use the words box and voetsek!

Three units are out at Kusile, and it will take a year to bring them back.

Isn't this a new power station? I bet the breakdowns were due to old age and lack of maintenance or was it sabotage (African excellence)

This country is screwed either way. The rodent infested cANCer are only interested in hanging on to power and the huge salaries an benefits that comes with it even if it reduces the country to ashes. At least these vile pigfuks will get to rule over the ashes.

André de Ruyter's bad news about load-shedding

Eskom CEO André de Ruyter has warned South Africans that 2023 is going to be a tough year for load-shedding.

Speaking to The Money Show’s Bruce Whitfield, De Ruyter said there are serious problems that have to be addressed.
Good summary of the current situation. The 10 000MW shortfall of electricity of South Africa will not be resolved by adding 9000MW of renewable energy, at best it will help in resolving the crisis. The availability factor of renewable energy is less than 30%, therefore at maximum only 3000MW of the 9000MW will be available to supply the grid, but could be at times when it is not required, and still 6000MW short of resolving the crisis. Wind conditions and the sun not shining at night influence these factors. South Africa desperately need new primary energy generating facilities that can run 24/7 to resolve the shortage of electricity. The options are limited to coal (lots of in SA and dirt cheap but environmentally unfriendly, nuclear or hydro). Hydro should also be given precedence as it will add water storage to the existing strained water systems. Pebble bed nuclear reactors have been in the making for many years but finally it looks like commercially available modular units are becoming available, which could also be an attractive option to supplement the primary energy facilities. Mozambique has an abundance of natural gas, so does South Africa in the Karoo, making gas also an attractive option. However, whichever energy sourse is used it will take at least 10 years to construct and eventually supply the grid. Candles and diesel generators will remain with us for many more years until government and the Dep of Energy make the right decisions that should have been taken 20 years ago by the Mbeki government.

Three units are out at Kusile, and it will take a year to bring them back.

Isn't this a new power station? I bet the breakdowns were due to old age and lack of maintenance or was it sabotage (African excellence)

This country is screwed either way. The rodent infested cANCer are only interested in hanging on to power and the huge salaries an benefits that comes with it even if it reduces the country to ashes. At least these vile pigfuks will get to rule over the ashes.
You can give the ANC a hammer and they will break it.
1676792743767.jpeg

The media may find itself responsible for fear-mongering. I think South Africans are wary and worried sick about losing their jobs and livelihoods. Then we have forums debating the age of municipal documents rather than trying to verify their validity.

Because there are more questions than answers regarding Solar, it has become a no-go subject for thousands of South Africans. Rather than crowdsourcing information and presenting it properly, it is filled with arguments and attitude that makes people question even if Solar will work for them.

Both the media and other publications, forget that financial security and financial health are contributors to thousands losing their lives.

The situation should be handled professionally. Facts should be provided for by municipal entities so that South Africans can have a clear outline of what to do when they can afford some form of solar or power backup system.

The media may find itself responsible for fear-mongering. I think South Africans are wary and worried sick about losing their jobs and livelihoods. Then we have forums debating the age of municipal documents rather than trying to verify their validity.

Because there are more questions than answers regarding Solar, it has become a no-go subject for thousands of South Africans. Rather than crowdsourcing information and presenting it properly, it is filled with arguments and attitude that makes people question even if Solar will work for them.

Both the media and other publications, forget that financial security and financial health are contributors to thousands losing their lives.

The situation should be handled professionally. Facts should be provided for by municipal entities so that South Africans can have a clear outline of what to do when they can afford some form of solar or power backup system.

Talking of south africans worried about their livelihoods.

The ones with livelihoods are way in the minority at the moment.

Last edited:
There is something I don't quite understand and maybe someone knowledgeable on load shedding can clarify.

I recall reading articles last year that we couldn't award bids to quite a few renewable energy producer due to lack of capacity on the eskom grid. So besides the unreliable and insufficient generating capacity, we actually have another bottleneck which is the grid capacity.

In the article, eskom is saying 9000MW renewable energy generating capacity on the way, while CSIR is saying our grid is at full capacity, I don't recall seeing any new projects in increasing the grid capacity, and I assume increasing grid capacity is not quick nor cheap even if we increase it in steps, so is there already work being done on expanding the grid, or is this another "oops, we forgot about that" thing?

Does our grid currently have enough capacity to at least accommodate these 9000MW on the way?

There is something I don't quite understand and maybe someone knowledgeable on load shedding can clarify.

I recall reading articles last year that we couldn't award bids to quite a few renewable energy producer due to lack of capacity on the eskom grid. So besides the unreliable and insufficient generating capacity, we actually have another bottleneck which is the grid capacity.

In the article, eskom is saying 9000MW renewable energy generating capacity on the way, while CSIR is saying our grid is at full capacity, I don't recall seeing any new projects in increasing the grid capacity, and I assume increasing grid capacity is not quick nor cheap even if we increase it in steps, so is there already work being done on expanding the grid, or is this another "oops, we forgot about that" thing?

Does our grid currently have enough capacity to at least accommodate these 9000MW on the way?
If I'm not mistaken the 1998 proposals to government which were rejected in favour of other budget items include grid capacity expansion, think De Ruyter mentioned something to that effect.

If you are not complaining you are associated with the government and an ANC voter, you have to complain to everyone all the time in our society

It's called the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. That's what sums up our government.

This 9000MW is a made up number by the way IMHO. There's no 9000MW "on the way" and no our grid hasn't been built yet to handle these projects.

Back