Votes: 16 9.9%
  • BlackBerry

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Beri

Expert Member
Not many people can afford the IPhone. Nothing to do with operating system.

Diabolix

For me it has to do with their OS.

My next upgrade will be a Windows Phone, coming from Android Lollipop.

purpleonlineadmin

Windows Phone is the new comer, and IMO doing pretty well at over half a million on 1 network. Could be way better, Windows 10 could help the platform immensely.

Sep-March was their biggest bump, very slow growth since... And still no apps developed locally, while the world we see more adoption (esp EU and other lower markets)

recre8

Work phone is still iPhone. Personal phone I'm considering getting Windows Phone next. Not surprised about Android's market share. The market is flooded with cheap (and mostly nasty) low cost Android phones.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
... Not surprised about Android's market share. The market is flooded with cheap (and mostly nasty) low cost Android phones.
Despite the popularity and profitability of iOS, the ubiquity of Android will result in increased growth in the ecosystem and available apps. Total dominance is not ideal. Hopefully the freedom of android will keep Google from becoming the lord of the rings.

johncgalloway

Yeah, cheap trumps always. Which, keeping current economic situations in mind, makes damned good sense.

And I am not a fanderroid by the way.

; )

To each his own I guess. I prefer my iPhone, though replacing it is costly to say the least, but this upward ridiculous pricing trend seems to be something that isn't just an Apple phenomenon. The only device I own that is Android is my ASUS 7" tablet and it's a pretty okay device IMHO, for the money. I've never had an Android phone though, not interested. I'd rather go Windows, if ever I leave iOS.

Mekon

Not to sure what you implying? Do you feel that everyone wants a iPhone? guess what. Not everyone does;)

Mekon

I beg to differ. You are right there are cheap and nasty Android phones but I feel the real problem is Samsung. There are far to many models (and all look the same) All varying in specs from crappy to over the top. Thing is Samsung need mad specs to keep their bloated touchwizz interface happy. The aging Nexus 5 which runs on vanilla Android will still give a S6 a run for it's money.

cozinsky

Expert Member
Work phone is still iPhone. Personal phone I'm considering getting Windows Phone next. Not surprised about Android's market share. The market is flooded with cheap (and mostly nasty) low cost Android phones.
My main phone is an iPhone 6 and my secondary phone is the new Microsoft Lumia 640. Even though I will never replace my iPhone with a Microsoft phone, I was pleasantly surprise how decent the Lumia actually is. So far it has about all the apps I use on my iPhone. It beats the Zest Android device hands down.

blunt

Expert Member
Unfortunately the irony of the market being flooded with cheap and nasty Android phones is the same reason why many iOS'ers think Android is bad, because they compare it to low cost, low range Android devices. I used iOS for years but I decided to give the S5 a chance last year, then bought an iPhone 6 and just couldnt handle it and went back to my S5 - purely because of the lack of customisations/small things (eg: gestures, shortcuts, status bar of whats happening in the background). iOS is beautiful and runs nice and smooth (mostly).. but I now prefer Android (for now..)

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Whether or not you prefer Android to iOS has nothing to do with those figures. Android offers better value for money and also caters to the low end market. It's as simple as that.

recre8

My main phone is an iPhone 6 and my secondary phone is the new Microsoft Lumia 640. Even though I will never replace my iPhone with a Microsoft phone, I was pleasantly surprise how decent the Lumia actually is. So far it has about all the apps I use on my iPhone. It beats the Zest Android device hands down.
Awesome! Good to know.

Mekon

You comparing a iPhone 6 with a cheap Android phone. It's like those AMG C63 drivers who get a boner because they can pull away faster than an old lady in her Kia somethiorother.

recre8

You comparing a iPhone 6 with a cheap Android phone. It's like those AMG C63 drivers who get a boner because they can pull away faster than an old lady in her Kia somethiorother.
He was comparing his Lumia to the Zest.