Votes: 16 9.9%
  • BlackBerry

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Fox1

Expert Member
The MS Windows Phones are the best value proposition contracts second to Huawei. The 640 on the other hand is a sub mid-range handset that punches above the equivalent Android phones.

Sonic2k

Executive Member
I still prefer my iOS devices, at least they don't become slow and prone to crashing/hanging and have occasional brain farts like the Android devices do. Also not a very big fan of all the bloat that comes with Java that is needed to develop an app on Android.

Wall

Sports Addict
stats from one network operator makes a fanciful headline? hardly scientific.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
so everyone knows I love Android.
I think this is why I won the ipad.
I tried my best to sell it, but i could not get a good price.
I decided to bite the bullet and open the thing up and install hearthstone so I can get a free pack.

please note I have no apple ID.
from turning the ipad on to the moment I could download my first app took 20 minutes.
Creating this ID then that then signing in then blah blah blah.
I never once had a bad connection, every new step happened smoothly.
I never once typo'd on a password

you apple fans are just so caught up in the iWorld that you don't realise just how unfriendly the OS is to use.

I am not saying that you are stupid or anything, what I am saying is apple users pay someone else to set up their devices, and have become just as blind to how bad things are as people who still vote ANC.
if you are a salesperson you should have an apple device, because your life is about image and whats cool. you should be wearing designer sunglasses and listening to highveld stero as well, because you actually have no idea how to actually think for yourself.
if you are in the IT industry and you use an iDevice you have a bit of a problem, and I bet you now an expert in your field would be able to come around and point out a million holes in all the work you have done, because using an iDevice means you cannot see when there is a better, lower cost alternative available.

TLDR:
it takes to long to set up an iDevice from scratch, using one is silly.

recre8

you apple fans are just so caught up in the iWorld that you don't realise just how unfriendly the OS is to use
Have you considered the reverse? People in other countries who drive on the other side of the road will also need to concentrate harder when coming here and likewise when you go there. For me using an Android device the first time was much less intuitive than using iOS, just as you found iOS less intuitive just because you were used to doing things in a certain way.

because using an iDevice means you cannot see when there is a better, lower cost alternative available.
Be careful of falling into that trap where a person is defined by what mobile OS they use. In my case I use iOS mostly because I use Airplay at home, Facetime audio for most of my calls and iMessage for most of my messages. It has in no way impaired my ability to see the flaws in the operating system. Sure there are apps on Android that will be able to allow me some degree of similarity, but XBMC/Kodi has out of the box support for Airplay, most of the people I contact regularly have iPhones and I'm happy with my choice.

alternate

Expert Member
if you are in the IT industry and you use an iDevice you have a bit of a problem, and I bet you now an expert in your field would be able to come around and point out a million holes in all the work you have done, because using an iDevice means you cannot see when there is a better, lower cost alternative available.
One day if you ever can, go and see what hardware and software the real brains of computer and software engineering use and I think you will change your pretty silly argument very quickly. :)

I have had some Android flagships and sure Apple devices cost more but once you get used to the ecosystem iOS "just works" and its reliability can't be beat. :)

I hope Windows phone gains popularity as it is really nice to use.

Sl8er

Executive Member
Windows phone = my next phone...just waiting for Orange to stock what I'm looking for. :mad:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
One day if you ever can, go and see what hardware and software the real brains of computer and software engineering use and I think you will change your pretty silly argument very quickly. :)

I have had some Android flagships and sure Apple devices cost more but once you get used to the ecosystem iOS "just works" and its reliability can't be beat. :)

Do you have to use two hands to do everything on your iPhone? I can setup someone's e-mail with one hand on a android device, using just my thumb, as my fingers hold it, on the iPhone I have to hold it in one hand and use the other to type and to save and go back and and and.

Mekon

Oh gawd another isheep bleating the "just works" line.

This:
go and see what hardware and software the real brains of computer and software engineering use

So you mean Linux??

Mekon

A gleaming problem is Samsung with its stupid bloated interface they call Touchwiz, should be called touchcr@p.

Ive got a Motorola MotoX that is a year and a half old. It has a sealed in battery. It uses vanilla Android. It does not lag and is yet to freeze.

Sl8er

Executive Member
What are you looking for? :p
Lumia 640XL LTE Dual Sim in white. (This is the first phone that I like in white, usually it's black or nothing :) )

All I got from Orange was:

Unfortunately, we do not have the Dual SIM version of Microsoft Lumia 640 XL.
As of the moment, we have no information when we will stock it or whether we will have it at all.

What you could do is keep an eye on our website. If we stock it, it will be reflected there.
Thanks for nuthin' :mad:

Arthur

Honorary Master
Personally, I think it's less the OS and more the handset makers, Samsung and Apple mainly. They have the networks and channel relationships to drive real volume. And Apple has the PR from the US media spilling out over the planet.

Personally, I'm holding onto my Nokia until the new Win10 mobile flagships appear in Q4.

Some people are still going on about the lack of WP apps. In my own family 98% are on Android, but I haven't yet come across something they can do that my Nokia/WP can't. And for 98% of the things we do in the real world, WP is slicker, smoother, and more fun.

Marketshares can and do change over time. And things might look a lot more interesting a year or two from now. If MS execute, Win10 Mobile looks very promising.

R0.02.

Last edited:

R13...

Honorary Master
Personally, I think it's less the OS and more the handset makers, Samsung and Apple mainly. They have the networks and channel relationships to drive real volume. And Apple has the PR from the US media spilling out over the planet..
Only true at the top end though. In this country I would think it's mid to low range where all kinds of cheap androids dominate. And everyone does appear to own some sort of cheap samsung too.

ngwe23

Executive Member
Windows phone = my next phone...just waiting for Orange to stock what I'm looking for. :mad:
Fro me the my biggest issue with a Windows phones is the lack of Googles support. THat and the lack of choice.