Votes: 16 9.9%
  • BlackBerry

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Arthur

Honorary Master
Only true at the top end though. In this country I would think it's mid to low range where all kinds of cheap androids dominate. And everyone does appear to own some sort of cheap samsung too.
Good point. I agree.

Globally, in Q1 this year Samsung and Apple actually dropped their combined shared YoY, from 49% to 47%. Samsung did 89m units, and Apple 43.7m. Next were Huawei (13.4m) and Lenovo (13.3m), with the rest flogging another 125m.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Fro me the my biggest issue with a Windows phones is the lack of Googles support. THat and the lack of choice.

What lack of choice? Google chooses not to bring their services to WP, they're not blocked from doing it.

Bonk

Loving my z30. BB10 must be the best mobile OS I have ever used.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
you apple fans are just so caught up in the iWorld that you don't realise just how unfriendly the OS is to use.
Yup... my wife broke her Lumia a little while ago and while I waited for a replacement to arrive, I grabbed a test iPhone from work... was a pain to set up, and she had never used iOS before and REALLY battled with it. "iOS is intuitive and easy" is a big fat myth. I'm not saying that the other OSes are easier, I'm saying that iOS isn't any easier than Android/WP for the uninitiated.

Last edited:

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Not many people can afford the IPhone. Nothing to do with operating system.
I'm not sure this is a valid argument any more; There are more flagship Android phones out there than iPhones, and they're pretty close in price. If you can afford a Note 4 or S5/S6, you can generally afford an iPhone.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
Not many people can afford the IPhone. Nothing to do with operating system.
I'm not sure this is a valid argument any more; There are more flagship Android phones out there than iPhones, and they're pretty close in price. If you can afford a Note 4 or S5/S6, you can generally afford an iPhone.
Uhm, Beri said iPhones are expensive and therefore iOS is exclusive. You said there are expensive Android phones too, therefore Android is exclusive as well. Logic fail.

Mekon

Uhm, Beri said iPhones are expensive and therefore iOS is exclusive. You said there are expensive Android phones too, therefore Android is exclusive as well. Logic fail.
So Beri has no logic....ah all makes sense now.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Android FTFW! Can't wait for Google I/O and the new Photos app. Grouping images automagically. I can set my alarm from a simple desktop search. Chromecast. Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile, even the new outlook.com is just MS playing catchup.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
Not at all, you misunderstood. He said it has everything to do with price, nothing with the OS. However (anecdotally) more flagship expensive Androids are sold than iPhones, so it seems the OS is indeed important.

iOS isn't the beloved stand-out mobile OS it was when it launched. I'd say the 3 big OSes are much on a par, and it's down to personal preference.

Last edited:

CaptSpaceMonkey

Agreed,
I have a top of the line android (Z3 compact) and it compare to nicely to the IOS device (iBreak 6). The droid is phones is on average R200 p/m cheaper than the IOS.
That beeing said I think IOS is perfect for the techno un-savy.
I is over simplified with nice support structure, not meant for the users who want to get the latest and newest (, best?) technology. Android allows the users to push his phone top the edge. IOS only have the one(two) size fits all policy.
Apple can use harness the technology alot better than Android. The software might be superior to that of Android, but i wont switch.

elvis_presley

Expert Member
That beeing said I think IOS is perfect for the techno un-savy.
That's what I thought, so borrowed one for my wife when her phone broke. It certainly isn't great for new users. "iOS is easy" is a myth. When it came out it was nice and simple compared to its competition, but that was 7 years ago.

sox63

Executive Member
Windows steaming ahead at a growth rate that is the only one close to Android's rate.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Android FTFW! Can't wait for Google I/O and the new Photos app. Grouping images automagically. I can set my alarm from a simple desktop search. Chromecast. Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile, even the new outlook.com is just MS playing catchup.

Windows 10 playing catch up to what exactly?

Hackson

I prefer Android but I'm using Windows Phone.
Now I know why one shouldn't sign phone contracts.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I prefer Android but I'm using Windows Phone.
Now I know why one shouldn't sign phone contracts.
Or you just shouldn't have taken out a contract for a Windows phone without thoroughly fiddling with a demo model?