Android Outcast: Third party phone makers contacting Huawei to use HarmonyOS

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
After 5 years of development, Huawei is finally ready to install HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) on large-scale devices somewhere in June. Since December 2020, the Chinese tech giant started HarmonyOS 2.0 mobile developer beta testing to remove the obstacles.

A few days ago, Huawei has released Harmony 2.0 mobile dev beta 3 for first batch devices including P40, Mate 30, and MatePad Pro 2. This latest test build brings new changes in the UI, added new apps as well as improves other parts of the HarmonyOS software.

Recently, a Weibo tipster – Chrysanthemum Factory has shared a post in which he discloses that some smartphone manufacturer has started contacting to Huawei to use its self-developed HarmonyOS ecosystem.

At the moment, the brand’s names are hidden but it will surprise everyone once revealed. It proves that HarmonyOS will be a good competitor of the largest mobile ecosystem Android and it could possibly the beginning of the outcast of Android dominance over the smartphone world.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I guess competition is good. I wonder if Goolge will make its apps available to install on HarmonyOS.

I am skeptical of HarmonyOS though. They lied about it being this groundbreaking new micro kernal OS. The beta version has been found to be nothing other than a rebranded AOSP version. So pretty much, HarmonyOS is nothing but a skin for Android.