Angus Buchan apologises for saying only 'Jewish and Afrikaans people' have 'covenant with God'

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You've got some gall accusing others of being drunk after saying liberalism is a denomination of atheism.
He's probably not wrong on the drunk thing though, so I have to give him that... I did partake in Nazi after-dinner aperitifs to a bit of an excess last night, so I would probably not pass a breathalyzer test at this point...

surface

Executive Member
As once a great man said - "I don't collect stamps - that is my hobby."

buka001

Expert Member
Read a book. They weren't killed in the name of atheism, but because of atheism if that little semantic difference makes you feel better about yourself.
Oooh I can play this game.

All of the leading Nazis were brought up in strict, deeply devoted religious homes (most of them Catholic). Many of them literally had religion beaten into them as a child (Hitler for example).

rietrot

Honorary Master
Oooh I can play this game.

All of the leading Nazis were brought up in strict, deeply devoted religious homes (most of them Catholic). Many of them literally had religion beaten into them as a child (Hitler for example).
Yes. Agreed. And?

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Seeing as all scripture ended shortly before the destruction of the Temple it would be impossible to specify any further covenants would it not? Also seeing as this particular covenant is of no matter to anyone other than Afrikaners why would it be included in scripture?

To believe in any set orthodox theology without question is an intellectual trap, the same trap the Sadducee's, Faracee's, Catholics, Orthodox, NGK etc fell into. Tradition becoming dogma never ends well.

Which actually proves my point, the theological ideas were older than that decision and the decision only happened because of political pressure. From the very start the NGK opposed the great trek, the war that blood river was part of and the covenant itself, then when the political winds shifted they suddenly endorsed it..... it did not start with them.

Buchan misused the emotional power of the covenant in his favour, it's not him I am defending. He has proven to be either a fraud or a coward, I would have thought I had made this opinion clear by now.

There was more than one basis for Apartheid, what you mention here is just one of many and chiefly used for propagandic purposes, it was not the main one. You start your history too late and ignore too many things.
Covenants are great, let's all have one :ROFL: Apostate theologians and their followers will believe anything, so I am not surprised.

ponder

Honorary Master
Why do we have 14 pages about some misogynistic false prophet?