Annual Company Bonuses

Mista_Mobsta

20% - 25% of Bi-Annual revenue if specific budget target is met. Rule of thumb re budget target is 4 x monthly CTC as a minimum.

Polly101

I got about 1.5months salary (before tax) in cash and about 80% of monthly salary as retention bonus, held for 3 years in shares

so the government is smiling all the way

Sanzer

We can get up to 3x monthly salary, measured up against a set target for the year. I work in the retail sector and last year was just dismal. The main criteria is the company must turn a profit. We made is loss so not one gets anything.

eg2505

Honorary Master
waiting to see this year later on what we get, but in all honestly, not expecting much.
economy in the toilet as many here have said, and a bonus is NOT a condition of employment, its discretionary.

no amount of toy-toying and strikes and go slows will change that little fact.

Moereloos

When I was employed I was given an annual cost to company which I could structure any way I wanted. Having been a contractor before I was used to not receiving a bonus so I didn't opt for a bonus.

IF the company ever makes a profit we might get performance bonuses.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
The economy is in too much of a decline for companies to give proper bonuses. Most companies are likely to give no bonuses. A few will probably try to scrape together here and there from the profits and give some peace meal to employees. I think South Africans will be lucky if there are any company giving a proper bonus to employees. This is the norm we should get used to for the next few hundred years.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
The economy is in too much of a decline for companies to give proper bonuses. Most companies are likely to give no bonuses. A few will probably try to scrape together here and there from the profits and give some peace meal to employees. I think South Africans will be lucky if there are any company giving a proper bonus to employees. This is the norm we should get used to for the next few hundred years.
I would love to know where you get your info from, someone clearly loves feeding your paranoia.

Banks are still dishing out nice healthy bonuses, and so are a good number of large corporates... the smaller companies not so much, but that isn't really a new thing.

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
I would love to know where you get your info from, someone clearly loves feeding your paranoia.

Banks are still dishing out nice healthy bonuses, and so are a good number of large corporates... the smaller companies not so much, but that isn't really a new thing.
Not sure what bank you are working for that dishes out great bonuses this year.... but congrats nonetheless.

Grant

Honorary Master
see post #25 above

3WA

Executive Member
Maybe this is just what your company told you.

Neuk_

I am not sure about my colleagues but I got a CPI related salary adjustment and a little more than 10% of TCTC annual bonus at the end of last year.