Annual Migration

Nicky_G

Come on let us know when the inlanders annual flocking to our shores takes place. Road closures to the beaches, and almost every second car on road has GP plates.

Pitbull

Verboten
I'm going on a coastal holiday for almost a month coming 11 December. All the way from Kosi bay to CPT. Can't wait :)

Last edited:

BCO

Honorary Master
Come on let us know when the inlanders annual flocking to our shores takes place. Road closures to the beaches, and almost every second car on road has GP plates.
We keep you coastal townies alive with the power of our COMMERCE. Bow down and worship our money.

LancelotSA

Banned
Bring them on I say. As correctly pointed out by BCO the annual migration fills our coffers.

Could be a little worse than usual this year with a lot of roads still being done up for the World Cup.

BinaryJack

Spam
Then again, we can also look at this as an educational process.

Not all wines comes out of boxes, is made by KWV or has a screw top!
Sole is not to be drenched in Tomato Sauce.
Oysters should be eaten raw.
Surf and Turf is not a delicacy.

BinaryJack

Spam
There are some excellent wines coming out with screw tops these days. The wife and I shared an excellent Tokara wooded Chardonay that came with a screw top just last night.
Yep, I know...still not the same...how the fukk are you supposed to smell the screw top to see if the wine is off? :D

LancelotSA

Banned
There are some excellent wines coming out with screw tops these days. The wife and I shared an excellent Tokara wooded Chardonay that came with a screw top just last night.
...and those that aren't screw tops have rubber corks now anyway! :)

Nicky_G

It has begun. Drove into CBD yesterday and it was busy. Had to take alternate route home. Drove on m4 north bound and there was even more traffic. The cause: flippen cars with Gp plates driving 20km an hour on a freeway looking at the new stadium.

LancelotSA

Banned
It has begun. Drove into CBD yesterday and it was busy. Had to take alternate route home. Drove on m4 north bound and there was even more traffic. The cause: flippen cars with Gp plates driving 20km an hour on a freeway looking at the new stadium.
Shame let them look.... they are all having to come to terms with the fact that Durban has the most stunning stadium now and work out whether Tannie Ilsabeth will fit in the funicular with her fat ass! ;)

genetic

Honorary Master
It's amazing when I go up to Joburg, people drive really fast on the highways (even when there's construction taking place). I always have some pr*ck up my backside on the highway.
But when the GP number plates come down here, they cant seem to do more than 80km/h max on the freeway - and they hog the fast lane. I'm gonna kill a GP driver one of these days!

Go back to Gauteng! :p

LancelotSA

Banned
But when the GP number plates come down here, they cant seem to do more than 80km/h max on the freeway - and they hog the fast lane. I'm gonna kill a GP driver one of these days!
Yip, you are totally right on this point!! If I am stuck behind a car on the freeway, in Durban, nine times out of 10 the registration will be GP. I understand they may not be familiar with the roads but then for the love of God drive in the slow lane. Just because your fancy car CAN go 150km/h does not mean you can hog the fast lane doing 60km/h!