Honorary Master
Also....
Suzuki Vitara
Mazda CX-3
Toyota CH-R
Haval Jolion
Hyundai Creta
Subaru XV 2.0T
None of those come close to the space inside a Duster. Sorry. My gut tells me they will all be more expensive and probably less well equipped as well. That Techroad the OP posted is proper.

x32

If you haven't already ruled it out, I would also look at the Haval Jolion. My co-worker got one and it is a seriously nice car and great value for money.

azbob

Honorary Master
Was the Duster not standard as 4x4 at some point?

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
The duster is such a nice car but some things just don't make sense to me.

1) Why can't they offer the 4WD as an auto?
2) Why no Techroad trim in the 4WD model? it has a more rugged look but FWD only

NR7

The Duster 1.5 engine is proven. The Dual Clutch gearbox though, not so sure ?

laven

I've had the Jeep 1.4T 4x4, mine was 125kw and had the same engine as the Fiat 500 Abarth. It was fun to drive and we did some long trips with it, going through Botswana to Namibia, to Mozambique and through Lesotho. The issues I had with it was that the 4 wheel drive stopped working just before I got to Sani Pass and I had to wait a few weeks for the parts to be shipped to SA. Also fuel economy was terrible at around 12l per 100km.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I've had the Jeep 1.4T 4x4, mine was 125kw and had the same engine as the Fiat 500 Abarth. It was fun to drive and we did some long trips with it, going through Botswana to Namibia, to Mozambique and through Lesotho. The issues I had with it was that the 4 wheel drive stopped working just before I got to Sani Pass and I had to wait a few weeks for the parts to be shipped to SA. Also fuel economy was terrible at around 12l per 100km.
I've seen so many reports of issues with those cars.
A family member bought 1 x 1.4T and 1 x 1.6 which he used for promos.

Both of them demo models and both of them had issues at really low mileage.

epah

Expert Member
BMW 320D.. Only car in the world worth buying.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Ja I just don't see the logic in dropping 400k on a Re....Dacia.

Even that new Nissan 250k odd and does what you need.
Depends what you want. For the same trim level as the Techroad Duster, you will be over R300k, and the Magnite is a lot smaller inside (and outside) than the Duster, over 150 litres in boot space alone.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
If you haven't already ruled it out, I would also look at the Haval Jolion. My co-worker got one and it is a seriously nice car and great value for money.

What's the fuel consumption like?

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Depends what you want. For the same trim level as the Techroad Duster, you will be over R300k, and the Magnite is a lot smaller inside (and outside) than the Duster, over 150 litres in boot space alone.
Well the other option was the Jeep with a miniscule 350L boot so don't think that was a major consideration to begin with.