Another prison sex scandal as senior official is caught in the act with inmate in Durban

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
That's where it's supposed to end, everything else is an unnecessary ramble, the merits of the case were argued in court and he was found not guilty.

Not with the state of South Africa's judiciary. No judgement can be trusted. A glaring example is the Coligny two who were acquitted by the Supreme Court of Appeals after being found guilty and sentenced on the changing evidence of a single drunken witness who admitted he was paid to lie.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
With the current incompetent state of the judiciary, are you surprised he was found not guilty?

The finding of not guilty does not mean he didn't commit rape. It means there is not enough evidence to prove rape. The term you're looking for is acquitted. He wasn't.
Of course, the judiciary is incompetent or captured when it makes a ruling you don't like.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Of course, the judiciary is incompetent or captured when it makes a ruling you don't like.

Even the senior judiciary is overturning the judiciary's bad judgements. And then we have the mark of the beast Chief Justice of fire and brimstone and senior judge Hlope of the Porsche Cayenne as a company car and other shenanigans persuasion. Would you trust this lot?

Gozado

There's an interesting Wiki comparing the definitions of rape (sexual offence), by country.

The metaphorical usage, meaning to pillage or steal, dominate or humiliate, has long been in use. It is a graphic and terrible image, and should be reserved for such. I find it a linguistic loss, though, when such a strong image becomes used for much smaller offences. (The gardener trimmed the wrong shrubs and our landscaped garden has been raped. No.)

I feel that way about other words, too, such as "migraine" (misused instead of headache: I've got such a migraine I think I'm going to go jogging to feel better. No. ), "flu" (misused instead of a cold: Last Tuesday I couldn't work becuase I had flu. No.), "trauma" (misused instead of a fright or disappointment: The goalie let a goal through and the whole team was traumatised. No.)

skimread

Honorary Master
It's about being consistent and being fair.

One very good example is the drug addict David Ninow who got life after huge pressure by the ANC, EFF and other political parties.

However suddenly all other child rape cases were people got off with suspended sentences came under the spotlight and there are so many. The law states child rapists should get life but judges and magistrates give them suspended sentences.

Example:
On review, so far at least eight of her sentences have been deemed to be "glaringly" wrong, contrary to the facts of the cases, the law and sentencing provisions applicable to child rape cases where, unless there are extraordinary circumstances, sentences of life imprisonment must be imposed. Additional training was recommended as part of the review.

Among Bodlani's reviewed cases were:

• Setting free a man accused of raping a teenage girl because he carried a bag, styled his hair and did the washing, which the magistrate said meant he must be gay and "not interested in women".

• Asking a seven-year-old rape victim how she felt after she was raped by a man she called her uncle. "Was [he] rough, vigorous or forceful when penetrating you, or was he soft?" Bodlani asked the child.

• Giving a man who raped his 11-year-old daughter a wholly suspended sentence because he was a "loving father".

The reviewed cases were sent to other regional court magistrates and the perpetrators have all now been sentenced to between 20 years and life imprisonment.

Bodlani did not respond to a request for comment.

TheChamp

Honorary Master

Here are examples

One very good example is the drug addict David Ninow who got life after tremendous pressure by the ANC, EFF and other political parties.

However suddenly all other child rape cases were people got off with suspended sentences came under the spotlight and there are so many. The law states life but judges and magistrates give them suspended sentences.

Example:
Talking about consistency, how is branding Zuma a rapist consistent with the principle of everyone being innocent until proven guilty?

skimread

Honorary Master
Talking about consistency, how is branding Zuma a rapist consistent with the principle of everyone being innocent until proven guilty?
The definition of rape is having sex with someone against their will.

She said he raped her.
- She saw him as an uncle
- She was HIV positive
- He came into the room in the night
- She froze and turned her head sideways (passive)
- He didn't ask if he can put his penis inside her. He just started.
- He didn't previously court her or asked if he can add her to his clan. So, he was cheating as he was married. He didn't ask his wives or informed them he was going to have sex with her
- She wasn't an active participant.

His version:
Late on that evening of November 2005 we had had sexual intercourse which lasted for some time. This was consensual. At no stage did the complainant say no to any of the actions we performed.

At no stage did I believe that the sexual intercourse was against the will of the complainant.

She was always at liberty to say so and voice her disapproval.
According to the dictionary which says sex against someone's will, is rape. The legal definition of South Africa he was found not guilty as she froze, and he thought that is consent.

In South Africa (SA), the way in which rape was defined until 2007. made it legally impossible for men to be victims of rape Even today in South Africa many judges still call it sexually assault and not rape when a man is raped.

The dictionary definition and the legal definition per country are two different things

Similar you are a troll in the way you post by selectively quoting, not being able to have a coherent debate and ignoring posts that point it out. You are not legally a troll as the mods haven't banned you, but I can call you that based on your inability to have a debate.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

Get that right - Presumed innocent until proven guilty. And I've already told you a finding of not guilty does not mean the rape did not take place. It means there is too little evidence to convict the accused. You're trying to state Zuma was acquitted. He was not.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master

One very good example is the drug addict David Ninow who got life after huge pressure by the ANC, EFF and other political parties.

However suddenly all other child rape cases were people got off with suspended sentences came under the spotlight and there are so many. The law states child rapists should get life but judges and magistrates give them suspended sentences.

Example:

And @TheChamp can't see that the judiciary is incompetent in SA.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
The definition of rape is having sex with someone against their will.

She said he raped her.
- She saw him as an uncle
- She was HIV positive
- He came into the room in the night
- She froze and turned her head sideways (passive)
- He didn't ask if he can put his penis inside her. He just started.
- He didn't previously court her or asked if he can add her to his clan. So, he was cheating as he was married. He didn't ask his wives or informed them he was going to have sex with her
- She wasn't an active participant.

His version:

According to the dictionary which says sex against someone's will, is rape. The legal definition of South Africa he was found not guilty as she froze, and he thought that is consent.

In South Africa (SA), the way in which rape was defined until 2007. made it legally impossible for men to be victims of rape Even today in South Africa many judges still call it sexually assault and not rape when a man is raped.

The dictionary definition and the legal definition per country are two different things

Similar you are a troll in the way you post by selectively quoting, not being able to have a coherent debate and ignoring posts that point it out. You are not legally a troll as the mods haven't banned you, but I can call you that based on your inability to have a debate.
Yawwwn...

BigEars

Transkei. My family here. We tyred of ANC. Please leaf us alone. Please,