Antennagate - is it really that bad?

bdt

Executive Member
All well and good ..but (cr)Apple :p ARE the one (and the only one) that got busted breaking the 11th Commandment: Thou Shall Not Get Caught

And, frankly, what about all those other phones anyway: why haven't people whinged, whined and frothed: any which way you look at it, people *are* yakking on those other phones - where are the complaints?

SteveO

Expert Member
there is a loss when using any phone, however this loss should not cause you to drop a call. The loss that occurs when you bridge the two antennas on the bottom right of the phone is simply unacceptable. Its a serious design flaw that apple is trying to spin in order to save them millions plain and simple

surfs-up

Expert Member
Geez, I thought this subject had been thrashed to death before.

1.Bottom line....nobody is holding a gun to your head to buy one.
2. If you don't like it, don't buy it
3. If you are unsure, then buy it, and if you change your mind - take it back for a full refund
4. Where is the problem ?
5. Since Apple offered a full refund to customers that take their phones back....almost none have been returned - surely that is telling you something ?

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma

I dont have a response for this "genius" point.
Until they fix the antenna issue I wont.
3. If you are unsure, then buy it, and if you change your mind - take it back for a full refund
No, I am not unsure, I will wait for them to fix the antenna issue.
The antenna
5. Since Apple offered a full refund to customers that take their phones back....almost none have been returned - surely that is telling you something ?
Its a really nice phone with antenna issues.

Anyways, my 3GS is fine, going to probably get a droid for my next phone. Will skip the iphone4 and wait to see what the iphone5 looks like.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
I'd still like to try an iPhone 4 for myself, and see how bad the "issue" is. For a lot of people it's seems to be pretty much a non-issue, and they actually get better reception and data rates.

DuckieZA

Problem is, if you buy it here, you most certainly won't be able to "take it back for a full refund". Vodacom could care less about Apple's T&C ...

But yes, I agree with what you say, if it's such a big deal, don't buy the flaming thing.