Anti-Gang Unit revs into gear, as Ramaphosa hands over 50 BMWs

ForceFate

Honorary Master
https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/news/anti-gang-unit-cops-arrest-two-of-their-own-for-theft-after-mitchells-plain-raid-18380495

Cape Town - Two members of the recently established, much vaunted Anti-Gang Unit have been arrested by their fellow members.

The arrests follow an investigation into a complaint of theft, which is believed to have occurred during a raid in Mitchells Plain.

"Detectives from the AGU arrested two police officers from the same Unit for theft this (Tuesday) morning. The arrests follow an investigation into a theft complaint after the Unit executed a raid in Mitchell’s Plain recently," police spokesperson FC van Wyk said.

Western Cape police commissioner Khombinkosi Jula said SAPS would not allow any form of corruption to "seep into the Unit members".

"No SAPS member is above the law," Jula said, "and we will not allow any of our members to perpetrate a crime and get away with it.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
That is why I don't like unmarked police vehicles in criminal hands.

I trust the good cops will clean their own house.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
What can a 118iM at a cost of R500k do so much better than a CHERY QQ3 0.8L TE at R99,995 considering what these cars are being used for?
Actually get to the destination...and quickly.

You can be sure BMW also offered a much better maintenance contract than Chery ever could.

schumi

Honorary Master
Anti-Gang Unit seizes ammunition, drugs in Paarl informal settlement

. Cape Town - Anti-Gang Unit members descended on Paarl on Monday, after receiving a tip-off about suspected gang activity in Chicago.

"Members of the Anti Gang Unit worked tirelessly on Monday 2018-12-17 at about 11:30, when they received information about gang activity in the Chicago area of Paarl East," police spokesperson FC van Wyk said.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/capeargus/news/anti-gang-unit-seizes-ammunition-drugs-in-paarl-informal-settlement-18546415

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Tander were you triggered.
So sorry sweetie here's a dry panty for you.
I couldn't give a **** about whether they are doing good work or not.
Tax payers coughed up.

dlk001

Executive Member
Good choice of cars...sheer driving pleasure, high-performance, rear wheel drive

thechamp

Honorary Master
Tax payers coughed up.
Of course, you will find something to complain about either way.

access

Executive Member
Tax payers coughed up.
your stash run dry grumpypants? :D