Anti-Gang Unit revs into gear, as Ramaphosa hands over 50 BMWs

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
lol exactly and 50 of them. Sounds like a tender to me. Should've made them GTIs like the ghost squad.
Of course there would be a tender, the word doesn’t always mean it was a bad or dodgy deal but could be one that followed due process.

Just like the Ghost Squad is actually in a bunch of Lexus’ now and no longer GTI’s.

access

Honorary Master
50 seems like a lot, then again its for the province.

so are they expecting a lot of getaway chases against all those modified gangsta cars? wheres the air support? the last chopper of theirs i saw looked like a camper van from the 50s with a propeller on top.

so much other equipment and things i can think of that can help this along other than cars. but, they need cars if they dont have them.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
50 seems like a lot, then again its for the province.

so are they expecting a lot of getaway chases against all those modified gangsta cars? wheres the air support? the last chopper of theirs i saw looked like a camper van from the 50s with a propeller on top.

so much other equipment and things i can think of that can help this along other than cars. but, they need cars if they dont have them.
50 cars is a good start in my opinion. With regards to other equipment, there's a chance they won't reveal this or they rely on air support of other role players.

genetic

Honorary Master
What a load of horse sh*t.

Here's your air support;

access

Honorary Master
What a load of horse sh*t.

Here's your air support;

jirrre bra, wat klap, why so agro. its legal at home now you know.

cool so they have airsupport. i myself havent seen a modern saps helicopter yet(yes there are video clips). i still see those old things flying around now and then.

genetic

Honorary Master
cool so they have airsupport. i myself havent seen a modern saps helicopter yet(yes there are video clips). i still see those old things flying around now and then.
You got a link to a pic or video of the skadonk SAPS helicopter?... Keen to see as I've never seen one.

All the ones I've seen look in pretty good nick.

access

Honorary Master
You got a link to a pic or video of the skadonk SAPS helicopter?... Keen to see as I've never seen one.

All the ones I've seen look in pretty good nick.
i have not bothered taken a video or pic... why would i. thats your forte. saw one a few months ago over the maitland area, while i was travelling on the n1. was amazed it still operates. saw another a year ago in the kraaifontein area.

i probably just dont notice the modern ones because of all other other tourist rides and stuff flying around our area. the old ones stood out.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
i have not bothered taken a video or pic... why would i. thats your forte. saw one a few months ago over the maitland area, while i was travelling on the n1. was amazed it still operates. saw another a year ago in the kraaifontein area.

i probably just dont notice the modern ones because of all other other tourist rides and stuff flying around our area. the old ones stood out.
That is the same one. It operates from the other side of the runway at Cape Town airport. Theres a big grey hanger where it flies from.

Zukat

Expert Member
I like how bmw capitalized on this tender by throwing all the possible extras on the cars.

Grant

Honorary Master
With regards to other equipment, there's a chance they won't reveal this or they rely on air support of other role players.
saps did a raid on a crack house in salt river known as the red door.
the place was like a fortress due to previous raids - the crackhouse proprietor had lookouts spread out far and wide to give warning.
saps used a helicopter, dropped cops on the roof, ripped up the tin roof and in they went

access

Honorary Master
saps did a raid on a crack house in salt river known as the red door.
the place was like a fortress due to previous raids - the crackhouse proprietor had lookouts spread out far and wide to give warning.
saps used a helicopter, dropped cops on the roof, ripped up the tin roof and in they went
any affiliation to the blue door in elsies river? lol

garp

Executive Member
Why do they need to be BMWs? Surely there are perfectly adequate options with car brands that cost much less?

access

Honorary Master
Why do they need to be BMWs? Surely there are perfectly adequate options with car brands that cost much less?
i think with the bmw you are more than likely to have a superior vehicle compared to the perp... while other brands might get you from a to b, bmw could give them a needed edge.