Anti-Gang Unit revs into gear, as Ramaphosa hands over 50 BMWs

animehero

Expert Member
Im going to reserve judgment until I see some results from this unit.

I'm hopeful that it will make a meaningful contribution to the communities in dire need of this,so hopefully the tax payers money wasn't squandered.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Im going to reserve judgment until I see some results from this unit.

I'm hopeful that it will make a meaningful contribution to the communities in dire need of this,so hopefully the tax payers money wasn't squandered.
Have you seen ANY meaningful results from ANY crime fighting unit with super expensive cars that could not have been achieved using cheap economical cars?

animehero

Expert Member
Have you seen ANY meaningful results from ANY crime fighting unit with super expensive cars that could not have been achieved using cheap economical cars?
Cant say that I have. I'm not condoning it, but we cant change the fact that they have it now either.
Trying to be optimistic

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Cant say that I have. I'm not condoning it, but we cant change the fact that they have it now either.
Trying to be optimistic
Fair enough. But this thing of buying law enforcement these super expensive cars has to stop. Money for 50 BMWs could have bought 250 econo boxes. Bet they could've done MUCH more with 250 vehicles than with 50.

theratman

Executive Member
Fair enough. But this thing of buying law enforcement these super expensive cars has to stop. Money for 50 BMWs could have bought 250 econo boxes. Bet they could've done MUCH more with 250 vehicles than with 50.
Not sure I trust the logistics of looking after 250 cars. Anyway 50 cars, however fancy > no cars.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Not sure I trust the logistics of looking after 250 cars. Anyway 50 cars, however fancy > no cars.
Huh? So 50 super luxury cars is better than 250 because 50 is easier to look after AND 50 luxury cars is better than 250 because 50 is better than none? :cautious:

The ruling party awaits your application so they can make you president with that sort of thinking.

theratman

Executive Member
Huh? So 50 super luxury cars is better than 250 because 50 is easier to look after AND 50 luxury cars is better than 250 because 50 is better than none? :cautious:

The ruling party awaits your application so they can make you president with that sort of thinking.
I have no faith in them looking after 250 cars. 50 seems like a manageable number does it not?

The 50 fancy cars > no cars is a general statement for what's being handed over. I'd rather they have resources to use than none at all. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
how many can bet that within 6 months a third of these vehicles will be out of commission?

will be a combination of factors, no servicing done, accidents, hijackings, and pure old theft.
also BMW? why not just give them all datsun go's?
They're probably covered by motorplan so your argument is moot.

Moi

Brilliant. 50 vehicles that need to be serviced (don't forget, they use them for personal purposes) on a schedule. Yeah, who's paying.