Anti-Semitism is really woke these days

rambo919

Expert Member
Just like Christians both Jews and Muslims have crazies and cults..... every major religion that has a chief antagonist has a minority that worships that character.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Satanism is Christian church code for "you're doing something we don't like, understand or agree with".
Exactly. A completely alien Judaic concept.

Christ said man is born evil and needs him for Redemption.

Jews believe we all have part of Gd within us and for this reason must always try not to allow our "evil inclination"/"lashon harah" to dominate.

See the difference?
One based on fear, the other on love of/for Mankind and hope....

Polymathic

Honorary Master

Jews believe we all have part of Gd within us and for this reason must always try not to allow our "evil inclination"/"lashon harah" to dominate.

See the difference?
I thought the snake in the Adam and Eve story was satan

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member

See the difference?
So let me get this straight, Judaism doesn't believe in original sin?

MirageF1

Expert Member
I thought the snake in the Adam and Eve story was satan
Satan is just a word. Nomenclature. Lets' look at the concept more closely...

It's far better explained here, and succinctly ... but the essential difference is the Snake/temptation was ordained by G-d to test Adam/Eve whereas in Christian doctrine ,Satan has his own power completely bereft of G-d.

http://www.aish.com/atr/What-Was-the-Serpent.html

Subtle but very different.

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
Satan is just a word. Nomenclature. Lets' look at the concept more closely...

It's far better explained here, and succinctly ... but the essential difference is the Snake was ordained by G-d to tempt Adam/Eve and test them whereas in Christian doctrine ,Satan has his own power completely bereft of G-d.

http://www.aish.com/atr/What-Was-the-Serpent.html

Subtle but very different.
Source for the Rabbi's claim that God told the snake to do it?

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
With pleasure.
I'll try to find both the original Hebrew and English translation , just in case the naysayer's object.
Take your time. But as a fair warning, in the event that your claim turns out to be correct, you then have to explain why YHWH punished the snake for its obedience...

chrisc

Executive Member
There is a Muslim run shop near my house and opposite is a Mosque. I was in there and the owner introduced me to the Imam. In his hand was a book with English and Arabic writing on it "The truth about the Holocaust"

He told me that this was a rebuttal to what the Jews were calling the calamity of Europe. I asked him straight out whether he was a holocaust denier, since my father was seconded to the British Army as a translator and spent 14 months in Germany in 1946. He saw first hand what had been practiced, interviewed Polish Jews, Ukrainian POWs, Roma Gypsies. What amazed him was the apparent indifference and disinterest of the local German population. One sizeable town was less than one kilometre from a camp, the Nazi staff used to come to the tavern for drinks. The barlady said she had heard rumours. There were 12000 people in the camp, all in a disgraceful state. Their medical corps had to be very careful not to give them too much food at once, as they had been inadequately fed for years

He was astonished and said he would like to meet him. Alas, he died at 103 in 2005

MirageF1

Expert Member
There is a Muslim run shop near my house and opposite is a Mosque. I was in there and the owner introduced me to the Imam. In his hand was a book with English and Arabic writing on it "The truth about the Holocaust"

/snip

Alas, he died at 103 in 2005
Hopefully his Allah puts his 103 years on Earth to better use by dispelling the lies and hatred from his head and instilling some truth.

Don't count on it though...

Polymathic

Honorary Master

He told me that this was a rebuttal to what the Jews were calling the calamity of Europe. I asked him straight out whether he was a holocaust denier, since my father was seconded to the British Army as a translator and spent 14 months in Germany in 1946. He saw first hand what had been practiced, interviewed Polish Jews, Ukrainian POWs, Roma Gypsies. What amazed him was the apparent indifference and disinterest of the local German population. One sizeable town was less than one kilometre from a camp, the Nazi staff used to come to the tavern for drinks. The barlady said she had heard rumours. There were 12000 people in the camp, all in a disgraceful state. Their medical corps had to be very careful not to give them too much food at once, as they had been inadequately fed for years

He was astonished and said he would like to meet him. Alas, he died at 103 in 2005
I remember in high school a Muslim Boy in my class was claiming the Bosnian Genocide was done by Jews and/or state of Israel.