Ferog

Windows: Defender + cloud storage as backups

If you want to sound cool:
Linux: if you're poor and you care about privacy
Mac: if you're rich and care about privacy

eg2505

Honorary Master
what about this one?

if your with FNB, you can even score a free antivirus key, for a year covering 3 devices.

agentrfr

Executive Member
AVs are only useful to people who are on their way though the journey of computer security.

In the end, you just come to terms with the fact that your OS and AV is a boot-loader for your web browser, or you go full schizo and join the neckbeard army and use OpenBSD exclusively.

Last edited:

Bobbin

Executive Member
I guess if you're worried about ransomware? Otherwise Defender and common sense is fine as far as I know.

w1z4rd

Karmic Sangoma
Windows: Defender + cloud storage as backups

If you want to sound cool:
Linux: if you're poor and you care about privacy
Mac: if you're rich and care about privacy
Linux if you are skilled,
Mac if you need a Fisher Price computer for adults.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Lol at the people with MS defender and common sense.

But OP, Those are good prices, and Bitdefender is one of your best IMO. Even the free version is pretty good and very lightweight.
Im using Trend though (Free if you are an ABSA client), Also no complaints this far.
People should check with their banks, If ABSA gives free Trend, maybe other banks also gives away free "paid" subcriptions.

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Lol at the people with MS defender and common sense.

But OP, Those are good prices, and Bitdefender is one of your best IMO. Even the free version is pretty good and very lightweight.
Im using Trend though (Free if you are an ABSA client), Also no complaints this far.
People should check with their banks, If ABSA gives free Trend, maybe other banks also gives away free "paid" subcriptions.

if you still bank with Absa your "savyness" is clearly lacking so your advice probably should be the one LOL'd at.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I guess if you're worried about ransomware? Otherwise Defender and common sense is fine as far as I know.
The ransomware protection on MMPE is decent. It's disabled by default.