Any advice for home purchase directly from owner?

ahmedy

Guys, I am looking to purchase a sectional title unit directly from the owner. Please can you advise what steps are required as there will be no agent involved and the owner has agreed for me to use my owner lawyer for transfer etc.

Any advice would be appreciated from anyone

ahmedy

He definitely owns the home and I have checked the levies and rates are all paid up and sorted. I will request an OTP from my lawyer

MEIOT

Expert Member
I am aware of the transfer, bond costs and electricity deposit, are there any other which I should be aware of?
Don't forget COC for plumbing/electrical and beetle inspection thingy (is that still a thing?). That's costs from the sellers side though if i recall.

ahmedy

If it is sectional title, a clearance certificate is needed. I am sure it will be on the sellers name
Thank you, I will request this. Regarding the COC, the seller has advised that he will be sorting these out as soon as I get the OTP done.

zerocool2009

Expert Member
Thank you, I will request this. Regarding the COC, the seller has advised that he will be sorting these out as soon as I get the OTP done.
Also put in special clauses in the OTP : The deposit (if you are putting something down), will be paid to the attorney's just before being lodged.

THEN ALSO : You request that all levies and rates and taxes are up to date