Any direct competitors to bidorbuy out there?

arabianmaiden

Looking for websites where you can upload your stock, for South Africa only (don't use eBay cause it's international). Besides takealot and bidorbuy, what else is out there?

Lew Skannen

Expert Member
Agree with BoB. They have established traffic. There were 9 million of these types of smaller sites before, but they all die out eventually, with literally no visitors. Stick with the bigger sites.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
bidorbuy is awesome, i have been buying from them for over 10 years
Just dont be a seller. "Yeah we can see order XX has been placed with Pickup. Once the tracking shows delivery will we release money" :X3:

"Get the buyer to leave comment that he did pick it up"

Been asking for 7 days. Whatsapp suddenly not working and when I phone goes to voicemail.

Finally got hold of the buyer and he said sure he will do it. I`m still waiting

arabianmaiden

Just dont be a seller. "Yeah we can see order XX has been placed with Pickup. Once the tracking shows delivery will we release money" :X3:

Been asking for 7 days. Whatsapp suddenly not working and when I phone goes to voicemail.

Being a seller on bidorbuy is the worst nightmare. And don't even try to get through to the staff :oops:....

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master

i only buy from Sellers that have a rating of over 99.5% :thumbsup:

Tander

Executive Member
Iv seen that happen before. Maybe bidorbuy needs to have more human interaction instead of relying on automated systems to blacklist users from their website.
Clearly you're very misinformed. That's not how it works.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
From my experience BoB supports dishonest traders if they are big enough .
Go to the Bidorbuy forum. There the sellers say BoB supports dishonest buyers.

Can't win.

But then, given that BoB just upped it's buyer protection and covering you for up to R2000, buyer's shouldn't have much to worry about.