Any Idea when SADV will offer speeds higher than 100mbps?

RazorCPT

I presume there is hardware investment needed on their side but intrigued to find out if there is any plan for them to offer it as the other providers like Vumetel already offer higher speeds.

Thanks!

Mcwidowmaker

Yeah, SADV is looking at faster speeds. It is in final discussion from what I have heard. Should be before next year I think.

Venomous

Honorary Master
I asked Bitco to confirm with SADV a few days ago.

The return reply was not right now.

Which could mean they are working on it or more likely they are simply not going to offer faster. Based on the time frame of this thread I tend to lean towards option 2 I mentioned.

Thor

Honorary Master
I asked Bitco to confirm with SADV a few days ago.

The return reply was not right now.

Which could mean they are working on it or more likely they are simply not going to offer faster. Based on the time frame of this thread I tend to lean towards option 2 I mentioned.
They can't.

CyrusVx

If the 200mb lines become available, I think the prices will be a lot more than what ISPs on Frogfoot offers at the moment...
Using Frogfoot and HomeConnect/Cool Ideas for example, a 200/200 line on Frogfoot is R988 (Cool Ideas is R1299) and the 100/100 is R888 (Cool Ideas is R1009), where on SADV the 100/100 is R988 (Cool Ideas is R1219) and the 50/50 is R898 (Cool Ideas is R909)...
Hope when the 200mb do become available, they will cut the price on the 100MB and 50MB lines a little to be more in line with the other fiber providers/ISPs..

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
If the 200mb lines become available, I think the prices will be a lot more than what ISPs on Frogfoot offers at the moment...
Using Frogfoot and HomeConnect/Cool Ideas for example, a 200/200 line on Frogfoot is R988 (Cool Ideas is R1299) and the 100/100 is R888 (Cool Ideas is R1009), where on SADV the 100/100 is R988 (Cool Ideas is R1219) and the 50/50 is R898 (Cool Ideas is R909)...
Hope when the 200mb do become available, they will cut the price on the 100MB and 50MB lines a little to be more in line with the other fiber providers/ISPs..
You are only comparing to Frogfoot and not other major fibre providers like Openserve, Vumatel, Octotel, Metrofibre, etc and they are all higher or same pricing as SADV(Using CISP pricing cos their website is easy to navigate all the various FNO's).
Also adding in that Vumatel is being purchased by SADV's holding company, if they combine SADV and Vuma, then my guess is that they will align pricing around the Vumatel range of pricing seeing that Vumatel already have the 200 and 1gbps package.

Frogfoot also isn't in enough areas to create competition to get fibre providers to lower their pricing to compete.

I am happy with the current SADV pricing as their infrastructure has been solid for the past 2 years ive had them. When other networks have had major outages, SADV in my area has had far fewer issues and I always get notifications/announcements regarding maintenance well in advance unless its emergency maintenance.

Haterade

Do you actually hit your maximum line speed with their 100mbps offering? Hoping for anything faster seems very optimistic.

Haterade

Is there any chance that I can try out your 500mbps option before deciding to switch?