Any international places you can go to for R12k?

Brawler

Executive Member
There are some good specials but I think you will need to up your budget a bit. Min R18k.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
you could probably do a Mauritius or Zanzibar trip for 5 nights for about R10K not to far travel so at least you can spend some of the time relaxing. but as others have suggested I would try extending your budget to about R15K so that you have some money for activities and food and such. or alternatively and I would recommend rather spending the extra on an all inclusive package deal. This way you have no worries about food or drink while you are on holiday.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Budget might need a strech...

friend just went to hong kong then bali = R19k all in.
No spending money though..

lived666

Executive Member
Israel - but you will have to eat street food only - flights are ridiculously cheap at the moment- return with Ethipeoan around 6k - accommodation you can find a cheap airbnb and felafels and hummus dirt cheap - you won't be able to afford restaurants but busses/train trips are cheap, forget about taxis.

airborne

Executive Member
Israel - but you will have to eat street food only - flights are ridiculously cheap at the moment- return with Ethipeoan around 6k - accommodation you can find a cheap airbnb and felafels and hummus dirt cheap - you won't be able to afford restaurants but busses/train trips are cheap, forget about taxis.
That's a good option, Israel looks cool, been wanting to go there.

d7e7r7

Executive Member
So for 1 person to stay for a week in an international place (excluding Lesotho and Swaziland).
R12000 for:

Transport there
Transport within country
Food
Sightseeing and activities
Accommodation
Spending money
Where do you stay? Could probably self-drive to Zim and visit Vic Falls, etc?

CB40

Where do you stay? Could probably self-drive to Zim and visit Vic Falls, etc?
Would never drive to Zim again. I did the trip late last year on business but never ever again .
The borders on both sides are disastrous to go through.
It took nearly three hours to get through the border on the Zim side and if I haven't ducked through to the front of the queue on the SA side coming home that would have been at least another two to three hours.
I did a bit of shamming to get to the front

jdido87

Going to Bali again in March including my wife. Paid R13.8k per person, 2 days in Ubud and 5 in Legian breakfast and airport transfers included.

jdido87

When i was there last year i spend about R10k on myself doing whatever the F....K I want. Booked a day trip on a large boat including water sports, snorkel, braai on the boat while adrift for a R1000, travel the western, southern and some northern parts of the Island by scooter (rented it for a week at R70 per day). Alcohol more so spirits are expensive