Any one in here working for Tiger Brands (Potch location would be even better)?

Your opinion has been ignored on account of your cover photo :)
What has Carl Niehaus ever done to you except provide you with laughter based on how stupid he is?

Anyway, I’m being super legit here. It’s a solid place and I know it enough to recommend it based on me being a Klerksdorp guy. Don’t let my cover photo deter you from quality advice.

What has Carl Niehaus ever done to you except provide you with laughter based on how stupid he is?

Anyway, I’m being super legit here. It’s a solid place and I know it enough to recommend it based on me being a Klerksdorp guy. Don’t let my cover photo deter you from quality advice.
Uhhhhhhhhmmm....

Looking forward to a change as I have been at current location since birth.
Both SO and I are a bit like hermits, looking to change that as around here the only way to not go insane is to love being home
Well, you and your SO do not have to leave your hometown and move to Potch (or wherever) at the same time necessarily ...

Well, you and your SO do not have to leave your hometown and move to Potch (or wherever) at the same time necessarily ...

His SO doesn't even need to move to Potch. He can just find a new SO there.

I did stilfontein, orkney and potch (and wolmeransstad if that counts)
If I was you, I would go to multiple medical institutions and have multiple tests done for STD's. Heard those places are notorious for catching something.

Potch is crap though. That town has become a dump. Town is dirty and neglected. Services are non existent. Racism is a massive thing. ANC cesspit of corruption. It stinks and is filthy. It is not a place to settle down in. It does not have a vibe. Crime is rampant.

I got out of there 15 years ago and it is as bad back then. Now it is just a 100 times worse.

Papsak town. Don't.

(beggars can't be choosers though, all of the best then!)

Will take the DA a 100years to fix that mess and the culture is against anything worth flourishing.
You just described 75 % of South Africa

Lol, true. However some bad places are worse than other bad places.
True

Is there at least a thriving economy of sorts? My town can't support anything but a dirty Shoprite and way too many liquor stores. The next town over is about a 10 minute drive and is basically the economic hub of te municipality with at least 10 restaurants (and strangely enough, less liquor stores than the above mentioned town (maybe 2 or three less, but per capita/bottlestore it is way less)

It is not as bad as described above, yes there is crime and dirty rundown parts of town, there is a lot of community involvement in "fixing up the town" like fixing potholes and keeping the road hedges neat and clean because, as @RedViking mentioned "Town is dirty and neglected. Services are non existent" and the ruling party does not have money to provide these services. As long as there is n university in this town, there will be a thriving economy, Potch is expanding at a good rate because of this.

Back